TTR SUPERFIGHTS CHALLENGE: EXPLANATION and RULES

KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

TTR SUPERFIGHTS CHALLENGE: EXPLANATION and RULES

Post by KSTAT124 »

As suggested by a number of TTR members, a third Challenge, one restricted to the really BIG, or super, fights is starting with the Manny Pacquiao-Marco Antonio Barrera rematch.

The Challenge will run for a year. It's for bragging rights!

Unlike the other challenges, there are no points involved. You simply pick the winner. You can predict how the fighter wins but, unlike the other challenges, it will have no bearing on your position in the standings. Standings will be based on win-loss percentage.

Fights in the Superfights Challenge will also be included in the "regular" TTR Challenge where one picks who will win and how nd receives x amount of points for picking the winner and an additional 2 (or 4 if the fight is designated a "Bonus Fight") for the "how"- the correct way that fighter wins.

The only other rule, at this time, is that you must have your pick in before the fight begins.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Awesome KSTAT!
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

At the end of the year, the winner will be the board member with the best W-L percentage who has entered picks for at least 80% of the year's Superfights. In other words, if we have 20 Superfights over the year, you must have entered picks for at least 16 to qualify for the championship!
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

Up to now, I have been accepting "crossover" picks, that is picks did not have to be entered in the specific TTR Superfights Challenge thread to count. If a pick was made in the main forum (Boxing & General Discussions) or in the "regular" TTR Challenge, it would also count here.

I did this to make things easier for my fellow board members. However, there have been complaints.

So, and this does make my life a lot easier, from now on, only picks entered on the TTR Superfights Challenge thread will count for the Superfights Challenge.

I hope this satisfies those who were anti-crossover picks and I hope this doesn't upset those who have depended on me searching for and then counting their pick from a thread other than the specific TTR Superfights Challenge thread for the Superfight (Superfights) in question.
mekane
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion

Post by mekane »

how are draws handled, is that a wrong pick or a "push"?
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

mekane wrote:how are draws handled, is that a wrong pick or a "push"?
If a player picks a draw and the fight ends in a draw, he gets a "W". If the fight doesn't end in a draw. he gets an "L".

If a player picks a draw and it ends as a No Contest or a No Decision, it's a scratch.

If a player picks a fighter to win and the fight ends in a draw, he gets an "L".

If you enter a pick for a fight that is "scratched", you get credit for a pick but there's no "W" or "L" involved. Same would hold true for a "No Contest" or a "No Decision" which are considered scratches in regards to this Challenge.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

Just to clarify some of the Superfights Challenge specifications:

the Superfights Challenge runs for a minimum of one year;

at the end of one year, a minimum of 20 superfights must have been scheduled;

if less than 20 superfights were scheduled, we'll continue until we reach twenty;

if 20 superfights are reached before we reach the one year minimum, superfights will continue to be added until the one year period is completed.
KSTAT124

Re: TTR SUPERFIGHTS CHALLENGE: EXPLANATION and RULES

Post by KSTAT124 »

I guess if it's OK for marciano1952 to include the Superfights in the regular Challenge, it should be OK for me to reinstate "crossover" picks (on a limited basis; that is, I'm just going to include picks made in the regular Challenge as picks for the Superfights Challenge as well- I won't search all over the website for picks). There's an exception to the picks from the regular Challenge being included in the Superfights Challenge. If someone picks Fighter A for the Superfights Challenge and Fighter B for the regular Challenge, the Superfights Challenge pick will be the one used.

The "reinstated" crossover picks shall begin with TTR Superfights Challenge #5- Superfight #19- Ward-Dawson.
KSTAT124

Re: TTR SUPERFIGHTS CHALLENGE: EXPLANATION and RULES

Post by KSTAT124 »

This has nothing to do with the rules but is directed towards the delusional TTR member who questions my integrity in regards to both TTR's rankings and Challenges.

I've already addressed this in relationship to the rankings and will continue to do so at:

http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/view ... 9&t=109951

As for the Challenges, first, having more players in any Challenge decreases rather than increases my chances, KSTAT124's chances, of winning. It's simple math.

Secondly, if I'm so preoccupied with winning and if I'm so unethical, how the fuck do you explain this:

http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/view ... 48&t=87268

Scroll down to my posts on December 13, 2011 and December 14, 2011.

Grow up.

Return to “TTR Superfights Challenge”