New Experimental DK Challenge Features

KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

New Experimental DK Challenge Features

Post by KSTAT124 »

During the course of the new DK Challenge, there will be "bonus" fights and "jeopardy" fights. They will pop up from time to time.

If a fight is designated a "bonus" fight, it is worth "double points." "Bonus" fights will be between world ranked but not that well known contenders.

If a fight is designated a "jeopardy" fight, if you pick the winner, you get the normal amount of points. However, if you don't pick the winner, the "winning points" will be deducted from your total.

In any fight, if a substitute opponent participates, the fight is a "scratch."

If a bout ends in a "No Contest" or a "No Decision", the fight is a "scratch." If a result is changed to NC or ND after an intial result was recorded and the Challenge is still in progress, I will go back and adjust the totals to reflect that. If a result is changed to NC or ND after a Challenge has ended and a new one is in progress, no action will be taken.
Last edited by KSTAT124 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burowz™

Post by Burowz™ »

I like the jeopardy feature Stat, but I have a question; do we HAVE to pick the jeopardy fight or can we skip it? I mean, I know we can not pick it if we choose to but I just need some clarification on how you want/expect things to go regarding this new feature.

All of the other rules sound good. I'm looking forward to finishing better than eighth this time around. :lol:
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

Burowz™ wrote:I like the jeopardy feature Stat, but I have a question; do we HAVE to pick the jeopardy fight or can we skip it? I mean, I know we can not pick it if we choose to but I just need some clarification on how you want/expect things to go regarding this new feature.

All of the other rules sound good. I'm looking forward to finishing better than eighth this time around. :lol:
There's NO fight that anyone has to pick so that if one wants to skip the "jeopardy" fight, one can. Of course, those who do may be accused of not having any balls.

Other clarifications:

BONUS fights- if you pick the right winner, you receive DOUBLE points- if the "odds"are 9 to 11, and you picked the "9", you'd receive 18 points. If, in addition, you picked the right result, you'd receive 4 (rather than 2) extra points.

JEOPARDY fights- if you pick the winner, you receive the regular amount of points, and if you pick the right result, you get 2 extra points. If you pick the right winner but the wrong result, you just receive the points for picking the winner. If the fighter you picked doesn't win, you will lose the "winning points" (not including the extra points awarded for the result). If the bout ends in a draw or a technical draw or if the bout ends as a No Contest or a No Decision, it's a scratch. (I'm not going to punish anyone by deducting 20 points for not picking a draw). A draw will not be a scratch if you picked the fight to end as draw. You'd pick up 20 points but if you pick a draw and the fight doesn't end that way (other than NC or ND), you'd lose the "winning" points (not including the extra points awarded for the result).
Last edited by KSTAT124 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
treywayln

Post by treywayln »

hey, i was just wondering. i rarely predict draws anyways, but i remember according to dkims rules that if u picked a draw, u'd get (i think) double pts. so would u then get quadruple pts if u picked a draw on a BONUS fight? just asking out of curiosity.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

treywayln wrote:hey, i was just wondering. i rarely predict draws anyways, but i remember according to dkims rules that if u picked a draw, u'd get (i think) double pts. so would u then get quadruple pts if u picked a draw on a BONUS fight? just asking out of curiosity.

Under normal circumstances if you picked a draw, you'd get all 20 points. So, if you picked a draw in a bonus fight, you'd get double that- 40 points. Not a bad score for one fight!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Shit wanted to enter the hatton pick when I got to work but been too busy and forgot

Ill post the rojas vs suriyan fight now for thosr onterested
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Re: New Experimental DK Challenge Features

Post by marciano1952 »

i always read it as you lost the 11.....but thats just me....Kstat is needed to confirm
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

marciano1952 wrote:i always read it as you lost the 11.....but thats just me....Kstat is needed to confirm
From above:

JEOPARDY fights- if you pick the winner, you receive the regular amount of points, and if you pick the right result, you get 2 extra points. If you pick the right winner but the wrong result, you just receive the points for picking the winner. If the fighter you picked doesn't win, you will lose the "winning points" (not including the extra points awarded for the result). If the bout ends in a draw or a technical draw or if the bout ends as a No Contest or a No Decision, it's a scratch. (I'm not going to punish anyone by deducting 20 points for not picking a draw). A draw will not be a scratch if you picked the fight to end as draw. You'd pick up 20 points but if you pick a draw and the fight doesn't end that way (other than NC or ND), you'd lose the "winning" points (not including the extra points awarded for the result).

In other words, if the breakdown is 9 pts. for Fighter A and 11 pts. for Fighter B and you pick Fighter B and he loses, you lose 9 points (the points awarded to those picking the winning fighter). Result points (the extra two points awarded for picking the right method of victory) don't figure in.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

Example from this week's Challenge:

Jeopardy Fight
Beibut Shumenov 12(8)-1-0 (WBA and IBA Champ; TTR #6, RING #7)....8pts
vs
Enrique Ornelas 33(21)-7(1)-0 (WBA #15 at 175; WBC #24 at 168)....12pts
WBA World Light Heavyweight title
International Boxing Association Light Heavyweight title

If you pick Ornelas and Shumenov wins, you lose 8 points.

If you pick Shumenov and Ornelas wins, you lose 12 points.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

1. I think you should try eliminating scratching fights. Either have a sub or just let the fight play out if one opponent scratches. Everyone is here enough to be able to follow that surly. If it happens the day of the fight okay scratch it.

2. Need more none mainstr3am fights in this one. At least 2 or 3 a week. You could move some of those fights from the other challenge. It just makes it more interesting and gives people a better chance to catch up. To much predictability at crucial times when someone could theoretically be able to make some gains.

I just think its time to evolve a little. Maybe even cancel the other challenge and just make one real good one.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

RASTA666 wrote:1. I think you should try eliminating scratching fights. Either have a sub or just let the fight play out if one opponent scratches. Everyone is here enough to be able to follow that surly. If it happens the day of the fight okay scratch it.

2. Need more none mainstr3am fights in this one. At least 2 or 3 a week. You could move some of those fights from the other challenge. It just makes it more interesting and gives people a better chance to catch up. To much predictability at crucial times when someone could theoretically be able to make some gains.

I just think its time to evolve a little. Maybe even cancel the other challenge and just make one real good one.
The Supplementary Challenge is dormant and I doubt if it's going to be revived. A few "Supplementary Challenge-level fights" could easily be added each week if the majority of the players want them.

As for scratching fights, if a fight is canceled, if a fight is postponed out of the week in which it was originally scheduled, or if one of the originally listed combatants of a Challenge fight drops out, the fight is automatically scratched. Sharif Bogere vs. Michael Perez, for instance, is a very different fight than Michael Perez vs. Luis Sanchez. That's not going to change. We could though have substitute bouts, like we sometimes had in the Supplementary Challenge, that are used only if any of the original lineup are scratched.

Return to “TTR Challenge”