Challenge rules (will continue to be updated)

Danielk015

Challenge rules (will continue to be updated)

Post by Danielk015 »

Ben.. wats up man... the rules are pretty simple... I choose fights every week (if there are good fights) for the posters to pick on... each fight get allotted 20 points and those points are split up between the fighters... I will use fights for this week for examples

for pretty even fights, the split of points is 10-10... IMO, campbell vs Zegen is pretty even.. so the 10-10 split... taylor vs wright got a 10-10 split..

A slightly favored fighter will get 9 points.. just liek this week, corrales has 9 points if you pick him, you get 11 for picking casamayor...

more blowouts go 8-12 and 7-13..

Also, you can get an extra two points for predicting the outcome of the winner.. so if you picked corrales by tko and he wins by tko, you get 9+2=11 points for that fight.. picking the wrong fighter gets you zero points and picking a draw gets you 24 points..

i try and include all championship title fights (wba, wbo, wbc, ibf) and meaningful name fights with no title on the line (roy vs prince is a good example).

I usually post the new picks and standings on monday after the fights are completed...
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

For additional rules and explanations, see the thread entitled "New Experimental DK Challenge Features."
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

Two things to be aware of:

1. Please get your picks in on time. If a pick is entered after the result of that fight has been posted on the web- whether on this site or another (BoxRec, FightNews, etc.), the pick will be nullified.

2. Before the first fight of a given week's Challenge takes place, feel free to edit your picks. Once the first fight starts, you must enter a new post to make any changes. Changes must be entered before the result (or results) of that fight (or those fights) have been posted.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

This is simply to reiterate an existing rule and to expand on it a bit:

IMPORTANT: let me making something very clear- once the first fight of the Challenge takes place, you can not edit your original picks. If you change your mind about a fight, ENTER IN A NEW POST simply stating something like "I'm changing my pick from Taylor UD to Pavlik UD" or "I'm changing my pick from Mashaba UD to Cruz UD." Posts edited after the start of the week's first Challenge fight wiil be deleted! That means all of your picks for the week will go down the proverbial drain!

ALSO: picks must be in before a fight starts. No picks can be made after the opening bell. This is a change of our rules. Previously, picks made after the result of a bout was posted on the web were disallowed. Now, any pick made for a fight that has started will not count.

If you enter a pick or picks for one or more fights in a post but still have more picks to enter later that day or that week, do not edit the additional picks into your original post if any of the fights for which you originally entered picks has started. Post your additional picks in a separate post either by using the quote function or by simply posting them separately.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

Starting with TTR Challenge #11, the Challenge won't include as many fights as in the past and will run 26 weeks rather 17 as in the past.

There will be a maximum of 5 bouts per week and bouts designated as "superfights" will be limited to the Superfights Challenge only.

The number of fights per week may increase at some time in the future but for the time being, a limit of five will be in effect.

Picking a draw and having the bout result in a draw (including a technical draw) will earn the player who made the pick 20 points (not 24).

Also note, "Challenge Weeks" will run from Friday through Thursday. A bout postponed can remain in a particular week's Challenge as long as it remains in the "Challenge Week". If the bout is postponed past the end of the "Challenge Week", it becomes a "Scratch" and can be included in the Challenge lineup of the week in which it has been re-scheduled.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Does picking KO or TKO count as the same in picking up extra points?
Just wondering if by picking both options do you get the same thing as picking just one.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
jskhosa
TTR Challenge #15 Super Champion
TTR Challenge #15 Super Champion

Post by jskhosa »

straycat wrote:Does picking KO or TKO count as the same in picking up extra points?
Just wondering if by picking both options do you get the same thing as picking just one.

Yeah, if you pick by KO or TKO you still get the same points. Likewise, if you pick "Dec, SD, or Ud," you get the same amount of points.
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

jskhosa wrote:
straycat wrote:Does picking KO or TKO count as the same in picking up extra points?

Yeah, if you pick by KO or TKO you still get the same points. Likewise, if you pick "Dec, SD, or Ud," you get the same amount of points.
Thx.
I am in this one for all the marbles and yeah I noticed you was picking by KO/TKO
:D
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
KSTAT124

Re: Challenge rules (will continue to be updated)

Post by KSTAT124 »

There is an ongoing problem regarding "Bonus Fights." By definition, "Bonus" fights will be between world ranked but not that well known contenders.

In other words, a Bonus Fight can not be a world title bout unless it's for a vacant title and both fighters involved are not that well known. If a champion is defending his title, it can be safely assumed that he is known at least well enough to be ineligible for participation in a "Bonus Fight."

A fight involving a well-known former champion like, for example, Vic Darchinyan does not qualify to be a Bonus Fight.

A fight involving a fighter ranked by The Ring and/or by TTR does not qualify to be a Bonus Fight. Again, it can be safely assumed that a fighter who is included in The Ring's ratings or in ours is better known than fighters who are eligible for Bonus Fights.

In addition, correctly picking a draw for a Bonus Fight is worth 40 points.

I hope this clarifies matters.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

New TTR Challenge policy starts with TTR Challenge #17- Week #12's lineup- each bout must include at least one TTR and/or Ring Magazine ranked fighter.

A new Supplementary Challenge will be starting soon and will include bouts between fighters ranked solely by one or more sanctioning body, bouts between unranked fighters, and bouts between fighters ranked solely by one or more sanctioning body and unranked fighters. There may be bouts in the Supplementary featuring TTR and/or Ring Magazine fighters but that won't happen frequently.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

TTR Challenge #18 will feature a few changes.

1. Bonus Fights will be Superfights, that is fights that are also part of TTR's Superfights Challenge will be assigned double point value.

2. While the great majority of fights included in the regular Challenge will feature at least one TTR and/or Ring Magazine ranked fighter, there may be an occasional bout without a TTR- and/or Ring-rated fighter but is between two well known fighters facing each other in what could be an unofficial TTR eliminator- a fight which would result in the winner entering or re-entering TTR's rankings.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

random question, when does the week end and the next one starts? is it friday-thurs every week? just want to set a reminder for myself to make picks.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

TopNotch86 wrote:random question, when does the week end and the next one starts? is it friday-thurs every week? just want to set a reminder for myself to make picks.
fights run Friday through Thursday
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

marciano1952 wrote:
TopNotch86 wrote:random question, when does the week end and the next one starts? is it friday-thurs every week? just want to set a reminder for myself to make picks.
fights run Friday through Thursday
thank you sir!
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

New Rule as of TTR Challenge #22 as per RASTA666:

An extra point will be awarded if a player chooses the round in which a TKO is scored however if you choose to call the round and it does not take place in that round you will lose a point.

Moderator's Notes:

Fight point totals will remain as 20 (20 points divided between the two combatants) unless a fight is designated a Bonus Fight. Bonus Fights will continue to be worth double the original point value.

For the time being at least, Bonus Fights will continue to be fights included in the TTR Superfights Challenge.

Method of victory points will remain two (unless a round for a stoppage is specified- see above) unless a bout is designated a Bonus Fight. Again, the value will double for Bonus Fights (as will the plus/minus value of a specific round).
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

RASTA666 wrote:I did a quick edit on the new rule. Its hardly worth the risk for 1 point calling a round so I changed that to 2 and clarified.
RASTA666 wrote:2-An extra two points will be awarded if a player chooses the round in which a TKO is scored however if you choose to call the round and it does not take place in that round you will lose a point. So you would only get 1 point for the base tko call instead of two.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

Further explanation regarding RASTA's new rule:
RASTA666 wrote:If you get it right you get 2 additional points but if you get it wrong you lose a pt from the standard tko.

example:

Billy 2-stroke nets 10 points for the win and with a tko result 12. If you were to call say tko in rd 8 and it happens in any other round you would forfeit the 2 bonus points obviously and lose a point from the standard 2 point tko call.
A correct prediction regarding the round increases the point value of Billy 2-stroke's pick from 12 to 14; an incorrect prediction regarding the round decreases the value of Billy's pick from 12 to 11.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

The "regular" Challenge is being brought back on a trial basis. The scoring system will be the same as the Superfights Challenge- winning percentage with championship eligibility based on picks being entered for a minimum of 80% of the Challenge's fights.

Return to “TTR Challenge”