RESULTS and POINTS BREAKDOWN:
Fight #1- SCRATCH
Fight #2- Welterweight Bout-
Adrien Broner (TTR #2, Transnational #3, WBC #4- all at 140; 33-2, 1 NC, 24 KOs)
Split Dec. 10
Adrian Granados (The Ring #3, WBA #4, TTR #5, WBC #7, Transnational #8- all at 140; 18-5-2, 12 KOs)
- Originally, the bout was to be fought at a catchweight of 142 pounds and was scheduled for 12 rounds. The weight limit was raised to 147 and the rounds cut to ten at Broner's insistence.
- Both fighters weighed in at 146 1/2.
- The scores were 97-93 for Broner, 97-93 for Granados, and 96-94 for Broner.
- Scoring the bout for TTR's Main Page, I had Broner eking out the victory, 96-95. Al Bernstein, who scored the bout for Showtime, also had Broner winning 96-95. I was surprised and pleased to see that he scored the fourth round even because I had done so as well.
.....9 points for picking Broner plus 2 points for picking him by decision
Fight #3- WBA World Welterweight Title-
Lamont Peterson (WBA #2; 35-3-1, 17 KOs)
Unan. Dec. 12
Champion David Avanesyan (22-2-1, 11 KOs)
- This was Peterson's first bout since his MD 12 win over Felix Diaz on October 17, 2015.
- The scores were 115-113, 116-112, and 116-112.
- Scoring the bout for Showtime, Al Bernstein had Peterson winning 117-111. I scored the bout for TTR's Main Page and, although I didn't reach my totals the same way as Al, I also had Peterson winning 117-111.
.....10 points for picking Peterson plus 2 points for picking him by decision
High Score of the Week: DBO, KSTAT and kewlmodee all had the score of 23 which was the highest possible score for the week.
Lead Changes: kewlmodee moves up to #4 dropping straycat down to 5. No changes otherwise