Rules of the TTR Supplementary Challenge

KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Rules of the TTR Supplementary Challenge

Post by KSTAT124 »

The Supplementary Challenge is for boxing junkies who care about fighters at many different levels of professional boxing. The fights that comprise and will comprise the Supplementary Challenge involve upcoming prospects, former champions, and lesser known contenders.

The point system for this Challenge is different than the regular Challenge. If you pick the winner of a fight, you receive 2 points. If you pick the way he wins correctly, you receive an additional point. If a fight ends in a draw and you picked a draw, you receive 3 points.

If a fighter drops out of a bout and a substitute takes his place, the fight is a scratch.

Unlike the regular Challenge, for which boxing DVDs are the prizes for the top 3 winners, the prizes for the Supplementary Challenge may be t-shirts. I was hoping to have participation t-shirts for anyone who regularly participates and "TTR Challenge Champion" t-shirts for the top 3 (or maybe top 5). I'm not sure if that's feasible financially but t-shirts are being considered as prizes. The number of t-shirts involved will depend on the deal I can get on them.

These t-shirts ARE NOT the official "The 13th Round" tees. I'm sure those tees will be the result of a poll or something along that line. These will just be the "official" TTR Challenge t-shirts.

There are other possible prizes if t-shirts are not feasible- "classic" old boxing magazines, DVDs, etc. So far (as of Supplementary Challenge #5), no prizes have gone out for this Challenge (unlike the "regular" Challenge for which prizeshave been awarded for the top 4 finishers). Prizes will be made available retroactively.

Our regular Challenge is named the DK Challenge in honor of its founder, Daniel Kim. I kept that name as a way of thanking him for all the work he put in during the first 3. It was suggested I change the name to the "KSTAT Challenge." I prefer the TTR Challenge (which of course can be found in "KSTAT's Corner"). So, unless Daniel returns to run the next Challenge, DK Challenge #5 will be named "TTR Challenge #5" (even if the first 2 appeared exclusively somewhere else). The Supplementary Challenge starts off as the "TTR Supplementary Challenge" and will remain with that title.

Back to that secondary competition- unlike the "regular" Challenge which runs for 17 weeks, the Supplementary Challenge will run until someone accumulates 200 points. Supplementary Challenges will appear sporadically. If one is in progress, it will continue week after week until the winner reaches 200 points. The ensuing Supplementary Challenge may not start up for a few weeks or even a month or two. But, periodically, there will be two Challenges, one "regular" with its Bonus Fights and Jeopardy Fights in addition to its regular bouts and one "supplementary."

So, good luck with both Challenges. Have fun.

Note: a third Challenge, the Superfights Challenge, was added to the mix in October 2007.

Also note: As of Supplementary Challenge #9, the points needed to win will be a minimum of 300. The length of the regular Challenge has increased also- from 17 weeks to 26 weeks.
Last edited by KSTAT124 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

You are like Astor, an asset to boxing fans abroad...thank you so much...it may be corny to many that I'm giving you all these props for setting up a game...but you don't have to do sh!t for anyone..and yet you still do..not expecting anything but for your brethren to enjoy themselves.

I dedicate my wake and bake to you fellow boardmember!! Again THANK YOU!...for everything.

Viva KSTAT........AKA..."The Stat Master"...........
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
Burowz™

Post by Burowz™ »

O.k., it's official, I'm never gonna get the things that need getting done on the computer today because I'm gonna be picking fights all day long. LOL

You're an animal K-Stat, an animal I say!!! In a good way of course. Great idea on the new challenge, sounds like fun :D
fravaor

Post by fravaor »

Thank You MASTER!!!!

I am in on this one too
TEAM PLATANO POWER!!! Caribbean Connection

fightfanatic1
TTR Donator II

Post by fightfanatic1 »

ok. i love the idea.

i'll probably suck at this one but i don't see it as a way to compete with the other posters but as a way to become informed about other fighters i may not have already known about. i'm in.

thanks
It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Return to “TTR Supplementary Challenge”