Post by the13r »

[youtubefullurl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLqkJjVJKoE[/youtubefullurl]
Astor
TTR

Re: GEORGE FOREMAN vs AXEL SCHULZ

Post by Astor »

ROUND 1
10-9 for Foreman
George pushing back Schulz with the heavy jab and making him lose balance with a right early. Schulz held Foreman's head and landed a nice quick shot. George lands a big right to the body with 30 seconds left. Schulz lands a quick 1-2 at the end.

ROUND 2
10-9 for Foreman
Schulz beginning the round nicely using the jab and a nicely timed straight right. Foreman retaliates with a heavy counter jab at the end of the 1st minute. Both fighters trading jabs and straight rights but Foreman mixing in 2 lead uppercuts. Foreman ends strong with counter jabs. Very close round, could go either way... but int he end, who was affected more... Schulz.... Schulz was stopped by the counter jab lots of time. But Schulz did timed his attacks well to score and get out of the way to expose the slow shots of Foreman.

ROUND 3
10-9.5 Schulz
Both guys trading shots, Foreman jabbing a lot and Schulz looking to land the right. George landed a nice right to the body of Schulz who answered with a right. Schulz landing flush shots from the clinch in the final minute.

ROUND 4
10-9 for Schulz
Schulz controlling the first half with his quicker hands using straight shots. Foreman looking to grind the body but Schulz blocking well. Schulz quicker jab particularly efficient in this round. With 30 seconds left, Schulz lands a big right and moves. Schulz ends the round with a short straight punch combo.

ROUND 5
10-9.5 for Schulz
Foreman starting aggressively with the jab and pressuring Schulz in the ropes. Schulz reacting by pumping his faster jab more. Foreman grinding to the body on the inside. Schulz able to follow with well timed flush rights as the round progresses. Foreman's lack of speed apparent in trading sequences.

ROUND 6
10-9.5 Foreman
Foreman starts with a 3 punches combo on the inside. Schulz using his quick straight punches in combo and then gets out of the way. Foreman using the jab and grinding the body on the inside. Schulz ends with a flush straight right. Foreman's shots were more effective.

ROUND 7
10-9 for Schulz
Schulz again showing mobility and quick hands with good timing. Foreman trying to land 2 big uppercuts. Schulz landing in combo but Foreman making them count... heavier jab and body shots. Foreman top of the eye starts to swell. Foreman lands a big left hook with 30 seconds left. Schulz throws a combo and lands a big uppercut in the final seconds.

ROUND 8
10-9 for Schulz
Foreman starts with a busy left in combo that creates openings for the right since schulz doesn't move when he blocks. Schulz very busy from the clinch. Schulz ends the round strong gauging the distance nicely to land straights and get out of the wya of the slow shots in time.

ROUND 9
10-9.5 for Schulz
Schulz starts with a nice flurry ending with a rib shot. Foreman landing big body shots with 2 minutes left. With one minute left, Schulz still landing nice quick combos from the clinch, particularly targeting he lump over Foreman's left eye with straight rights. Schulz landing more in combo, but Foreman did some heavy body work.

ROUND 10
10-9 for Schulz
Foreman focusing on body work while Schulz is still the right in straight and uppercuts from the inside. Schulz landing a triple uppercut combo with 40 seconds left. Schulz ends with landing the right numerous time in trading sequences.

ROUND 11
10-9 for Foreman
Foreman starting with BRUTAL body shots. Foreman controlling the 1st half from the inside. George jabbing to set up a BIG right uppercut. Foreman lands a uppercut after Schulz landed a straight punches combo and Schulz looked on slightly loose legs.

ROUND 12
10-9 for Schulz
Foreman still grinding hard to the body. Schulz landing hooks and straights to the head. After a minute, Foreman loss the sting on his shots and Schulz kept landing those flush rights from many angles and in combo.

MY SCORE:
Foreman 113.5
Schulz 116.5

Foreman vs Schulz Hls
http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2013/04/ ... 675798.gif
chef97

Post by chef97 »

I never scored this fight but I remember watching it live and thought Schulz won fairly easily out punching, out-landing and out-hustling Foreman all night.... When the scorecards were read I was like okay they just stole the fight from the kid....
Chef
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

I dont remember my card RBR but had Schulz winning 9-3
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

I had Shulz winning something like 8-4 in rounds. It was a fight that just didn't look right in the end. I recall Foreman saying something to the effect of" you don't give the heavyweight championship to a guy who runs away". I don't agree with that. You DO give the title )any title) who a guy who lands more punches. I'm pretty sure Schulz did that. Now, as for "effective aggressiveness" which can tip the scales and allow for more points in lieu of punch totals, I don't recall how Schulz did there.
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

As much as I loved Foreman and rooted for him always, I did see this as a win for Schultz. I remember after the fight, Foreman said "you don't give the title to a man who is running"

Who was running? Its not like Schultz left the ring in round 5 and got in a car and sped off! Schultz boxed smartly and efficiently. He avoided bombs and won points. Ha she won it would have been interesting for the heavyweight landscape at the time.

Return to “Controversial Fights Revisited by TTR judges”