TTR Judging Rules and Regulations

Chosen controversial fights by our members scored by our TTR judges
WhyteHypeBG
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion

TTR Judging Rules and Regulations

Post by WhyteHypeBG »

We will try to get a controversial fight re-viewed and scored once per week. On nights where big fights (think KSTAT’s SuperFights) are occurring, we will also have a set of judges doing live scoring.

SCORING:
There will be a pool of Official TTR Judges (currently 15 folks), from which I will randomly select the three judges (plus one alternate) for the fight that particular week. I won’t go into detail about the random selection – just assume that I’m selecting the judges at random. Once an Official Judge has finished their official scorecard, they are out of the 'pool' until all judges have been exhausted in subsequent re-visited and/or live fights. This gives everyone in the pool ample opportunity to be a Judge for TTR. We may change this up depending on the level of participation, i.e. more than one fight per week. Maximum participation is encouraged from other members of the board – the more the merrier. We will have both an ‘Official’ scorecard and an un-official scorecard (for anyone else that wants to score the fight). Fights will be scored on the 10-point must system - exactly how they are scored during live events. In the future, we may move towards Astor's idea of a hybrid-.5 point scoring system.

JUDGES:
Judges are randomly selected from the pool of judges. If you would like to be licensed as an Official TTR Judge, please PM me and let me know of your interest – those that have already notified me in one form or fashion have been added to the pool. There will be 3 official judges per fight that TTR scores and one alternate. If the alternate is not utilized, then he/she will judge the next fight (in most cases, during the next week). Judges will have until Sunday noon to submit their ‘Fight Re-visited’ or LIVE cards. This will give me some time to write an article.

FIGHTS:
The fights that we will be re-visiting and scoring will be picked by the members of TTR. Astor, when he gets time, will make the fight(s) available on demand. That way the judges can watch the fight at their leisure. Judges will have until noon (Eastern Time) to submit their scorecards for that week’s fight(s). This goes for LIVE fight scoring as well. However, I would prefer that those selected to watch the fights live post their cards AS the fight occurs. If you are unable to do that, please let me know – so we can get an alternate judge ‘seated’ to score the fight LIVE. An article – hopefully, for the main TTR page – will be written regarding TTR’s Official Scorecard (based on the selected judges) for that particular fight and submitted on Sunday evening (Eastern Time) or Monday morning (Eastern Time). LIVE scored fights may, indeed, become re-visited fights in the future. That is why we want your cards in as soon after the fight as humanly possible – and so we can post TTR’s OFFICIAL SCORECARD on Twitter.

Again, this is open to all active members on TTR, if they are interested in judging fights. Even if you’re not assigned as an Official judge for a fight you’re interested in, you’re still encouraged to submit your scorecard. If we have enough participation from both ‘official’ and ‘un-official’ judges, it will make this forum more awesome.

If you have any suggestions shoot me a PM. I will make adjustments to the text above as necessary, based on feedback.

Don't forget that Scrotes Day is April 30th!
Sing All Day, Drink and Sing All Night!

Return to “Controversial Fights Revisited by TTR judges”