TTR

LENNOX LEWIS vs VITALI KLITSCHKO

Post by the13r »

[youtubefullurl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFQm1bYZ_k8[/youtubefullurl]
the13r
TTR

[TTRevisited] LEWIS vs VITALI revisited *READY TO BE SCORED*

Post by the13r »

<OBJECT classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" height="400" width="500" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/co ... .cab#Versi on=6,0,02,902" standby="Chargement de Microsoft Windows Media Player..." type="application/x-oleobject">
<PARAM NAME="FileName" VALUE="http://dl.the13thround.com/open/vitlew.wmv">
<PARAM NAME="animationatStart" VALUE="true">
<PARAM NAME="transparentatStart" VALUE="true">
<PARAM NAME="autoStart" VALUE="true">
<PARAM NAME="enableContextMenu" VALUE="false">
<PARAM NAME="showControls" VALUE="true">
<PARAM NAME="autoSize" VALUE="0">
<EMBED type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" SRC="http://dl.the13thround.com/open/vitlew.wmv" width="500" height="400" AutoStart="true" autosize="0" transparentatStart="true" animationatStart="true" showControls="false">
</EMBED>
</object>
Last edited by the13r on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
mekane
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion

Post by mekane »

good call on this one...

make sure we don't just address the scoring...

but folks, put in your input on which direction the trend of the fight was going, and if it had anything to do with the cuts suffered!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ready to start when a few are
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Ready......Hope more join in to score......
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

well since it will be archived, more will be able to view and comment later i guess
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

rnd 1
lewis more aggressive early, looks to land the right lateraly on the inside, has landed a few jabs... lots of holding early. lewis puposely holdin vitali against him as much as he can. vitali lookin to land a left hook... Vitali doing better in the last minute. Lewis landing only jabs in the last half of the round. Lots of wild swinging and unbalanced shots... tough round to score
10-9.5 Vitali

rnd2
Lewis landing more early, haivng a much cleaner style... short straight rights landed on the inside by Vitali. Vitali lands a monstrous right!! Vitali doing better... landing rights and jabs... but hes so obvious in his attacks... Lewis landing desperate jabs from full arm lenght distance... playing possum a little too
a very very clear round for Vitali
10-9 Vitali

rnd 3
vitali showin a nice repetitive jab at the beginning but lewis shows what hes able to and lands a few stinging ones.... Lewis trying to do more damage to the cut eye of vitali with jabs, vitali jabbin buta gain scoring with rights. Lewis seing blood is starting to augment his tempo. hard round to judge, both had strong points, both landing good jabs... only vitali landing more rights. Lewis jabs were better though and even caught vitali comin in... very close
10-9.5 Lewis

rnd 4
this round was played int he second half of it. Lewis tried to catch vitali comin in with jabs... Vitali trying to land one twos... a little sloppier round this time. Vitali won it on aggressivity
10-9.5 Vitali

rnd 5
Lewis is startin to throw with major pop, a little wide though in the first half. lands a beautiful hook too. Vitali tries to stop Lewis's tempo by throwing lots of jab... Lewis targets vitalis eye with jabs in the final 30 seconds...
Lewis 10-9

rnd 6
lewis controlin the distance with his superior hand speed and punch arsenal...he aint holdin anymore, wants to hurt vitalis eye more... big difference shift in gameplan as far as fighting on the inside. vitali has a very busy jab but lewis head movement is pretty effecient at dodging those. Vitali lands a hard shot with one minute left.vitali doing very well in the final 30 seconds, landed greta shots on the inside... lewis ends the round iwth a greta uppercut on the inside. the best round of the fight imo
lewis did more, but vitali's few shots were all power shots (starting 1 minute left)... tough close round
10-9.5 vitali
Last edited by the13r on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
lakerlegacy1

Post by lakerlegacy1 »

Just got on. I can't see the fight or chat :(
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

I'm glad you left out the term controversy here as the only controversy is the suggestion that their was one or is. This is one of the most clear cut tko's in the history of the sport as that massive cut was caused by a punch. It really makes no difference whether or not Vitali was up on the score cards. None whatsoever. This is Boxing 101 stuff. He was tko'd.

I guess we should have waited until Vitali's frontal lobe spilled out onto the canvas to call the fight.
There is no controversy or questions in this fight at all and btw I hated Lewis at the time and routinely called him a traitor.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

1.10-9 Vitali.....More Active, More punches landed
2.10-9 Vitali.....Same as last round but Vitali hurt him a few times
3.10-9 Lewis.....Landed the best shot of the round.....Very tough round to score though
4.10-9 Vitali......More Active, and looks in better Shape then lewis dispite the Cut
5.10-9 Lewis.....Landed the harder shots, but Vitali was more Active.....
6.10-9 Vitali......thre and landed more, Lewis landed fewer but a little harder

After the fight the Crowed boo's Lewis, Applauds Vitali....Last round Vitali was in better Shape then Lewis Dispite the Eye...the notion Lewis was Takeing over is False IMO
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

4-2 for Vitali
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

one thing that was evident is that vitali's arsenal was EXTREMELY limited, telephon pole telegraphed heavy jabs (that lewis ducked pretty easily all night) followed sometimes by heavy straights...

vitali's stance was extremely wide too...

lewis defended well against these straight attacks by jabbing precisely, holdin a lot on the inside, and dodging his head down when vitali got in the pocket... imo it caused the cut
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

full fight ready to be scored on demand in 10 minutes

i suggets you try the .5 point system as it makes it more accurate for hard to score rounds and gives another perspective to the scorecards
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

lakerlegacy1 wrote:Just got on. I can't see the fight or chat :(

check now in the first post, if it doesnt work, you have to accept a ACTIVEX CONTROL pop up (look for a beige horizontal bar under your navigation bar on your browser)
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ROUND 1

MARCIANO
10-9 Vitali
More Active, More punches landed

ASTOR
10-9.5 Vitali
Lewis more aggressive early, looks to land the right lateraly on the inside holding, has landed a few jabs... lots of holding early. lewis puposely holding vitali against him as much as he can. vitali looking to land a left hook... Vitali doing better in the last minute. Lewis landing only jabs in the last half of the round. Lots of wild swinging and unbalanced shots from both guys... tough round to score

LAKERLEGACY
10-9 Vitali
Last edited by the13r on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
lakerlegacy1

Post by lakerlegacy1 »

round 1- Vitali
round 2- Vitali
round 3- Lewis
round 4- Vitali
round 5- Lewis
round 6- Actually the toughest round to score for me personally, Vitali was more aggresive but Lewis landed several bombs. Very close round that I gave Lewis because the bombs he landed IMO were more than "harder shots" but they were the type of bombs that put most to sleep.

Through 6 rounds 3-3 draw

I maybe in the minority here (Cut aside) I'm in the contingent who believe Lewis was coming on and would of eventually put Vitali to sleep.
lakerlegacy1

Post by lakerlegacy1 »

round 1- Vitali
round 2- Vitali
round 3- Lewis
round 4- Vitali
round 5- Lewis
round 6- Actually the toughest round to score for me personally, Vitali was more aggresive but Lewis landed several bombs. Very close round that I gave Lewis because the bombs he landed IMO were more than "harder shots" but they were the type of bombs that put most to sleep.

I maybe in the minority here (Cut aside) I'm in the contingent who believe Lewis was coming on and would of eventually put Vitali to sleep.
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

lakerlegacy1 wrote:round 1- Vitali
round 2- Vitali
round 3- Lewis
round 4- Vitali
round 5- Lewis

I was leaning on the same score myself, but I went with 4-2. It was close though. I think Lewis was exhausted and I couldn't see him lasting six more RDs. Vitali took Lennox's best right hand and uppercut, and kept coming.
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

lakerlegacy1 wrote:round 1- Vitali
round 2- Vitali
round 3- Lewis
round 4- Vitali
round 5- Lewis

your Probly in the Majority with your View of the fight

IMO in the 6th round other then those 2 hard shots lewis landed he didnt do anything and looked like he was gonna collaps.....
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ROUND 2

MARCIANO
10-9 Vitali
Same as last round but Vitali hurt him a few times

ASTOR
10-9 Vitali
Lewis landing more early in the round, having a much cleaner style than Vitali... short straight rights landed on the inside by Vitali. Vitali lands a monstrous right!! Vitali doing better... landing rights and jabs... but hes so obvious in his attacks... Lewis landing desperate jabs from full arm lenght distance... playing possum a little too
a very very clear round for Vitali

LAKERLEGACY
10-9 Vitali
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ROUND 3

MARCIANO
10-9 Lewis
Landed the best shot of the round.....Very tough round to score though

ASTOR
10-9.5 Lewis
vitali showing a repetitive jab at the beginning but lewis shows what hes able to dodge them with head movement and lands a few stinging jabs himself.... Lewis trying to do more damage to the cut eye of vitali with jabs, vitali jabbing but again scoring with rights. Lewis seing blood is starting to augment his tempo. hard round to judge, both had strong points, both landing good jabs... only vitali landing more rights. Lewis jabs were better though and even caught vitali comin in... very close

LAKERLEGACY
10-9 Lewis
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ROUND 4

MARCIANO
10-9 Vitali
More Active, and looks in better Shape then lewis dispite the Cut

ASTOR
10-9.5 Vitali
This round was played in the second half of it. Lewis tried to catch vitali comin in with jabs... Vitali trying to land one twos... a little sloppier round this time. Vitali won it on aggressivity

LAKERLEGACY
10-9 Vitali
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ROUND 5

MARCIANO
10-9 Lewis
Landed the harder shots, but Vitali was more Active.....

ASTOR
10-9 Lewis
Lewis is startin to throw with major pop, a little wide though in the first half. lands a beautiful hook too. Vitali tries to stop Lewis's tempo by throwing lots of jab... Lewis targets vitalis eye with jabs in the final 30 seconds...

LAKERLEGACY
10-9 Lewis
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ROUND 6

MARCIANO
10-9 Vitali
thre and landed more, Lewis landed fewer but a little harder

ASTOR
10-9.5 Vitali
lewis controlin the distance with his superior hand speed and punch arsenal...he aint holdin anymore, wants to hurt vitalis eye more... big difference shift in gameplan as far as fighting on the inside. vitali has a very busy jab but lewis head movement is pretty effecient at dodging those. Vitali lands a hard shot with one minute left.vitali doing very well in the final 30 seconds, landed greta shots on the inside... lewis ends the round iwth a greta uppercut on the inside. the best round of the fight imo
lewis did more, but vitali's few shots were all power shots (starting 1 minute left)... tough close round

LAKERLEGACY
Actually the toughest round to score for me personally, Vitali was more aggresive but Lewis landed several bombs. Very close round that I gave Lewis because the bombs he landed IMO were more than "harder shots" but they were the type of bombs that put most to sleep.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

This was TKO victory, no controversy, rounds are irrelevant.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.

Return to “Controversial Fights Revisited by TTR judges”