LENNOX LEWIS vs VITALI KLITSCHKO

Chosen controversial fights by our members scored by our TTR judges
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

straycat wrote:This was TKO victory, no controversy, rounds are irrelevant.
it was still interesting to see how everyone had the fight going on the scorecard

the abrasion and swelling was caused by repeated short head butts, and it was cut open by 2 sucessive rights by lewis
David
Administrator

Post by David »

straycat wrote:This was TKO victory, no controversy, rounds are irrelevant.
Do you see the word controversy anywhere in here? Would you prefer we do not rewatch and score fights that were important when looking back because we can stop if you ask us to.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

The score only comes into play if it goes the distance, but I do apologize for adding the word controversy when it wasn't initially mentioned.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

The revisited section does revisit controversial fights so thats probably why I added it.
Much apologies once again.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
gomez1012

Re: LENNOX LEWIS vs VITALI KLITSCHKO

Post by gomez1012 »

Vitali would be wearing an eye patch today if that fight isnt stopped.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

I had Vitali ahead 4 rounds to 2. With Lennox winning the 3rd and 6th. That being said, no controversy here to me. Vitali's eye was ripped open about as bad of a cut as you'll ever see on a fighter.
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

The cut was caused by a combination of head butts and Lewis scraping Vitali's eye with the laces of his gloves during clinches. The fight should have gone to the cards with Vitali winning (5-1 or 6-0 on my card). This was a huge win for Vitali, and began his reign of glory at the top of the sport for the next decade to come.
Wheezy

Post by Wheezy »

RimmyJice wrote:The cut was caused by a combination of head butts and Lewis scraping Vitali's eye with the laces of his gloves during clinches. The fight should have gone to the cards with Vitali winning (5-1 or 6-0 on my card). This was a huge win for Vitali, and began his reign of glory at the top of the sport for the next decade to come.
i didnt know a reign of glory included beating stiffs and having back problems...and also never fighting the only threat in the division.
as promised, no more voodoo manny mom
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

Wheezy wrote:
RimmyJice wrote:The cut was caused by a combination of head butts and Lewis scraping Vitali's eye with the laces of his gloves during clinches. The fight should have gone to the cards with Vitali winning (5-1 or 6-0 on my card). This was a huge win for Vitali, and began his reign of glory at the top of the sport for the next decade to come.
i didnt know a reign of glory included beating stiffs and having back problems...and also never fighting the only threat in the division.
He beat a who's who of professional boxing and cemented his place as the GOAT. Vitali is the most dominant champion of all time, never losing so much as a clear round, let alone a fight.
NoPropaganda 253

Re:

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

RASTA666 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 am I'm glad you left out the term controversy here as the only controversy is the suggestion that their was one or is. This is one of the most clear cut tko's in the history of the sport as that massive cut was caused by a punch. It really makes no difference whether or not Vitali was up on the score cards. None whatsoever. This is Boxing 101 stuff. He was tko'd.

I guess we should have waited until Vitali's frontal lobe spilled out onto the canvas to call the fight.
There is no controversy or questions in this fight at all and btw I hated Lewis at the time and routinely called him a traitor.
What Rasta said.
Why did this get a review and all these damn responses...participation pats on the back? Lol. Shit is comedy. Let's start a similar type series and do Manny-JMM 4 next. Then Mercer-Morrison. Follow that up with a triple header of Canelo-Kahn, Spence-Brook and Crawford-Gamboa.
6 fights in honor of the amount of rounds Vitali's face was able to hold up from Lennox's offense. :)
Image Image
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

RimmyJice wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:59 pm
Wheezy wrote:
He beat a who's who of professional boxing and cemented his place as the GOAT. Vitali is the most dominant champion of all time, never losing so much as a clear round, let alone a fight.
I hate to quote someone who quit the board but goodness rimmy made a poor post here.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:28 pm
RimmyJice wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:59 pm
Wheezy wrote:
I hate to quote someone who quit the board but goodness rimmy made a poor post here.
Kleinfeld went full inbred. Lol. C'mon Kleiny, untuck that chain and bring back that hot fire!
Pangloss

Post by Pangloss »

I think it's a relatively rare opinion that the result or scoring of the fight were particularly controversial, although I reckon there are a decent amount of folks out there who would liked to have seen one more round.

What was more controversial though was how Lewis ultimately ended up leaving the sport afterwards.

He tried negotiating a rematch with Tyson that nobody wanted to see, while avoiding an immediate rematch with Klitschko that everybody wanted to see, and then Klitschko-Johnson got made as a mandatory for him, and after Klitschko looked better than ever in that, Lewis immediately retired talking about no more challenges, blah blah blah, while the boxing world was begging for a rematch, which is evidenced by us still talking about it now. Not the most noble end to a great career.

Return to “Controversial Fights Revisited by TTR judges”