so there aint too many gifs loading at once
the13r
TTR

[TTRevisited] LENNOX LEWIS vs RAY MERCER round 7

Post by the13r »

Round 7 HighLights:

Round 7 TTR Judges Scorecard:

DAVID: 10-9 Lewis
He equaled Ray in the flurries and prolonged punching and then one-upped him at the end and controlled the pace with the jab for most of the round. Good round for Lennox.

MARCIANO: 10-9 Lewis
Mercer did alright at the Start but Lewis got better as the round went on and stole it at the end

ASTOR: 10-9 Lewis
Holding is following every punch sequences now. Good right hand followed by a left hook from Mercer. Lots of holding... The round is up for grabs in the last 45 seconds. Lewis lands a combo with1 0 seconds left and wins the round with it
Last edited by the13r on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
the13r
TTR

[TTRevisited] LENNOX LEWIS vs RAY MERCER round 8

Post by the13r »

Round 8 HighLights:

Round 8 TTR Judges Scorecard:

Kind of an uneventful round as neither fighter really went out there and won that round. Some good jabs landed by both fighters and I still do not understand how Ray is jabbing WITH Lennox.

MARCIANO: 10-9 Mercer
Looked to me like he did the better work

ASTOR: 10-9 Mercer
Mercer`s upward jab scoring well at the beginning. Nice left right left right combo from Mercer to the head of Lewis. Mercer is the aggressor and the burier fighter. Holding again following every punching sequences. Lewis picking hsi shots to the body and head, but nothing with weight. Mercer again with the upward jab now followed by the right to the body. Nice uppercut on the inside from Mercer. Lewis landed a good shot at the end.
Last edited by the13r on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
the13r
TTR

[TTRevisited] LENNOX LEWIS vs RAY MERCER round 9

Post by the13r »

Round 9 HighLights:

Round 9 TTR Judges Scorecard:

DAVID: 10-9 Mercer
because he was the aggressor and both landed some good punches. Lennox landed the best punch in the round but Mercer landed 3-4 good punches that round as well. Close round that could go either way.

MARCIANO: 10-9 Lewis
Not sure Im Leaning towards Lewis though

Mercer more active, the upward jab working well. He was the agressor. Landed a few leeping hooks, and a good selection of rights.
Last edited by the13r on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
the13r
TTR

[TTRevisited] LENNOX LEWIS vs RAY MERCER round 10

Post by the13r »

Round 10 HighLights:

Round 10 TTR Judges Scorecard:

because of the better punches landed even though he was backpedaling most of the time. Ray only landed one punch of significance that round and Lennox was jabbing well and moving as he needed to do.

MARCIANO: 10-10 Equal
Who knows, Mercer was the guy comeing forward While Lewis Landed better IMO 10-10

Lewis using a good jab, landing good follow up straights. Mercer is still the aggressor going forward, catching and blocking jabs in the process. Mercer landing a few good shots close. Lewis stopped throwing the jab. Mercer can get his upward jab in, overwhelms lewis a little and starts to land rights again. Mercer won it with that last sequence, but very close round since lewis won the first minute. I thought Lewis almost did nothingf or 1 minute at the end and Mercer jumped on the occasion.
Last edited by the13r on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

Haven't scored it and kept a running score. But to me it was a fight Lewis won by at least 2 rounds. But no question Mercer was more competitive in the fight than was expected. Every round had to be fought for and Lewis had to grasp the fight, as Mercer came to fight and gave nothing away. I think Lewis was a little suprised by the Mercer that showed up that night, as Ray was percieved to be a little past it. But ultimately Lewis outfought Mercer. Both gave and took some hellacious leather, but the better variety of Lewis gave him the edge in most of the rounds.

Though he lost, this fight was perhaps Mercer's best showing.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

lurkyshaka wrote:Haven't scored it and kept a running score. But to me it was a fight Lewis won by at least 2 rounds. But no question Mercer was more competitive in the fight than was expected. Every round had to be fought for and Lewis had to grasp the fight, as Mercer came to fight and gave nothing away. I think Lewis was a little suprised by the Mercer that showed up that night, as Ray was percieved to be a little past it. But ultimately Lewis outfought Mercer. Both gave and took some hellacious leather, but the better variety of Lewis gave him the edge in most of the rounds.

Are you planning on scoring it round-by-round? I'm interested to hear your take on it.
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

David wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:Haven't scored it and kept a running score. But to me it was a fight Lewis won by at least 2 rounds. But no question Mercer was more competitive in the fight than was expected. Every round had to be fought for and Lewis had to grasp the fight, as Mercer came to fight and gave nothing away. I think Lewis was a little suprised by the Mercer that showed up that night, as Ray was percieved to be a little past it. But ultimately Lewis outfought Mercer. Both gave and took some hellacious leather, but the better variety of Lewis gave him the edge in most of the rounds.

Are you planning on scoring it round-by-round? I'm interested to hear your take on it.
I'll try the next day or so but i'm pushed for time at the moment.
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

Shows how great Larry Holmes was that as a 40-something he had toyed with Mercer five years before this fight.
NOT MY PRESIDENT
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

kinggrissly wrote:Shows how great Larry Holmes was that as a 40-something he had toyed with Mercer five years before this fight.
Mercer was such an inconsistent performer nobody knew what they were getting when he fought. He was 'up' for Lewis in a way he was never going to be 'up' for a guy that Tyson had easily blasted out. He'd have percieved Larry as an old man there to be taken, and then he got a shock.

Mercer lost to Jesse Ferguson....guess that shows how great the boogieman was aswell :wink:
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

lurkyshaka wrote:
kinggrissly wrote:Shows how great Larry Holmes was that as a 40-something he had toyed with Mercer five years before this fight.
Mercer was such an inconsistent performer nobody knew what they were getting when he fought. He was 'up' for Lewis in a way he was never going to be 'up' for a guy that Tyson had easily blasted out. He'd have percieved Larry as an old man there to be taken, and then he got a shock.

Mercer lost to Jesse Ferguson....guess that shows how great the boogieman was aswell :wink:
Sounds like Lewis in a way.
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

lurkyshaka wrote:

Not sure the point you're making, that I'm giving undue credit to Larry Holmes or that a win doesn't count if the opponent loses subsequently. Maybe we need to seriously reevaluate Lewis' career for going life and death with a guy who had lost to Jesse Fergeson, but I guess this is your usual "he was on top of the world when he fought my guy and sucked when he fought everybody else." If you saw Holmes-Mercer I think it's safe to say that perception was not the issue, he was simply whooped by a much more talented fighter who was able to wind back the clock that night, and who knows much that beating carried over?
NOT MY PRESIDENT
FightFanAL

Post by FightFanAL »

regulardude wrote:
Exactly. Agreed, 100%.

And for the record: a prime Larry Holmes easily outpoints a prime Lennox Lewis.
sounds like we need the simulator for this!
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

regulardude wrote:
Exactly. Agreed, 100%.

And for the record: a prime Larry Holmes easily outpoints a prime Lennox Lewis.
In a 12 rounder I'd agree, but I don't see Lewis having the wind to carry him to 15, and he did not have the chin to bail him out when he got tired.
NOT MY PRESIDENT
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

lurkyshaka wrote:
David wrote:

as david said in the sticky lurk, you can pause when watching on deamand, a few 5 minutes here and tehre and should be done!!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

so no Scorecards?? damn :shock: :lol:
yodaddy

Post by yodaddy »

Just finished watching.

YoDaddy scored the bout 96-94 LEWIS !!!!!

R1 Mercer
R2 Mercer
R3 Lewis
R4 Lewis (close)
R5 Mercer
R6 Lewis
R7 Lewis
R8 Lewis
R9 Lewis (close) corner man applies vaseline all over Lennox's braids. :?
R10 Mercer (close)
Pacquiao beat both Hatton and Oscar in less than 10 rounds when it took PBF over 20 ;)
The best fight the best. Mayweather has not yet fought the best in his own division. Period.

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

this fight is on demand on the forum index

ill be judging it tonight
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

the13r wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:
David wrote: Are you planning on scoring it round-by-round? I'm interested to hear your take on it.
as david said in the sticky lurk, you can pause when watching on deamand, a few 5 minutes here and tehre and should be done!!
Oh ok, i'll try it that way when i've got a few moments spare then.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

3 scorecards in!!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

i invite other members to submit a card if interested, its actualy a fun fight to watch!

Return to “Controversial Fights Revisited by TTR judges”