vs McCrory

vs mike acey (disqualification maybe)

vs al malcolm

vs calvin jones

vs simelewu

vs quarless

vs melvin epps

vs dascola
Last edited by the13r on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:04 am, edited 7 times in total.
yodaddy

Post by yodaddy »

Great fight to revisit. I will probably use the on-demand feature to score it.
Pacquiao beat both Hatton and Oscar in less than 10 rounds when it took PBF over 20 ;)
The best fight the best. Mayweather has not yet fought the best in his own division. Period.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Round 1: 10-9 Mercer based on a bit more activity and solid punches landed. Lewis had good moments with the jab but Mercer seemed to do more damage.

Round 2: 10-9 Mercer as he landed some very good blows. Lennox landed some good punches as well but just got hit with a few boms. He had a very good uppercut at the end of the round but I think Mercer had it based on hurting Lennox and forcing him to cover up against the ropes.

Round 3: 10-9 Lennox. He controlled that round with his jab and did an excellent job of controlling Ray. Ray landed some good punches but only a few and Lennox stayed busy with a nice body attack.

Round 4: 10-9 Lennox based on the excellent punch selection. Love the left and right hooks to the body. Both men were tagged a bit in this round and it was very very close but I think Lennox pulled it out just by a small amount. Damn good round and could go either way.

Round 5: 10-9 Mercer. That was a mostly jabbing round and I felt like Ray did a better job of it and came back strong in the second half of the round. Lennox controlled the first minute but then seemed to fall back a bit trying to catch his wind.

Round 6: 10-9 Mercer based on the harder punches landed and it looked like Lennox was still trying to catch his air. Lennox threw some bombs but got a little wild and Mercer landed a good sequence over the course of about 15 seconds and then clinched appropriately when Lennox was about to throw.

Round 7: 10-9 Lennox. He equaled Ray in the flurries and prolonged punching and then one-upped him at the end and controlled the pace with the jab for most of the round. Good round for Lennox.

Round 8: 10-9 Lennox. Kind of an uneventful round as neither fighter really went out there and won that round. Some good jabs landed by both fighters and I still do not understand how Ray is jabbing WITH Lennox.

Round 9: 10-9 Mercer because he was the aggressor and both landed some good punches. Lennox landed the best punch in the round but Mercer landed 3-4 good punches that round as well. Close round that could go either way.

Round 10: 10-9 Lennox because of the better punches landed even though he was backpedaling most of the time. Ray only landed one punch of significance that round and Lennox was jabbing well and moving as he needed to do.

Final score: 95-95 Draw

Good fight and I would have been curious to see how it would have went if it went 12 rounds. It looked like Lennox was a bit more tired as he was moving a lot more and Ray was still bulling forward. Good fight overall but I believe that neither man did enough in the last few rounds to stand above the other.
Last edited by David on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

ill start in round 3...missed the first 2 but ill Take Davids word on them

3...Mercer Agressor and landed the better Shots
4...Lewis did the Best Work when Mercer would Land Lewis Came back wih the better shots
5...Mercer did the Better work in a Slower round
6...Lewis Landed the better Shots While Mercer Missed most of his
7...Lewis, Mercer did alright at the Start but Lewis got better as the round went on and stole it at the end
8...Mercer, Looked to me like he did the better work
9...Not sure Im Leaning towards Lewis though
10...Who knows, Mercer was the guy comeing forward While Lewis Landed better IMO 10-10
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
David
Administrator

Post by David »

marciano1952 wrote:ill start in round 3...missed the first 2 but ill Take Davids word on them

4...Lewis did the Best Work when Mercer would Land Lewis Came back wih the better shots
7...Lewis, Mercer did alright at the Start but Lewis got better as the round went on and stole it at the end
10...Who knows, Mercer was the guy comeing forward While Lewis Landed better IMO 10-10
Whoever was with Joe Tessitore said he had Mercer winning the first three rounds easily and then I think he said he had Lennox winning 7-3 which wouldn't make sense to me. A lot of those rounds were very close.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

So you would have had it a draw as well, marciano haha. 96-96 it looks like with that even 10th round.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

David wrote:
marciano1952 wrote:ill start in round 3...missed the first 2 but ill Take Davids word on them

Whoever was with Joe Tessitore said he had Mercer winning the first three rounds easily and then I think he said he had Lennox winning 7-3 which wouldn't make sense to me. A lot of those rounds were very close.
agree never scored that one before so never relized how Close it was
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

David wrote:So you would have had it a draw as well, marciano haha. 96-96 it looks like with that even 10th round.
I think 5-4-1 would have Mercer up by a point?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

marciano1952 wrote:
David wrote:

agree never scored that one before so never relized how Close it was
I had never even seen the fight before but I definitely enjoyed it. Two styles that meshed well together. Wish it was longer than a 10 round fight.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

marciano1952 wrote:
David wrote:So you would have had it a draw as well, marciano haha. 96-96 it looks like with that even 10th round.
I think 5-4-1 would have Mercer up by a point?
Wow I realized that you started in the 3rd round. Ignore me. Not only did I not see you scored the 3rd round but I would have added it wrong anyway haha.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

David it was john scully making color commentating
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Marciano, just catch the onDemand version for the first 3 rounds!!
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Who is up next Astor?
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

whiterspoo0n vs holmes

then

USS vs Wlodarczyk
David
Administrator

Post by David »

the13r wrote:David it was john scully making color commentating
Thank you. I could not remember his name. However, to be totally honest, I may have just heard it wrong because I had the volume down to a minimum just so I could hear a background noise and I really don't pay attention to what they are saying anyway when I am actually scoring a fight. Good scrap!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

TTRonDEMAND VERSION ADDED!!
yodaddy

Post by yodaddy »

I'm downing it now and will score when I get home tomorrow afternoon.
Pacquiao beat both Hatton and Oscar in less than 10 rounds when it took PBF over 20 ;)
The best fight the best. Mayweather has not yet fought the best in his own division. Period.

the13r
TTR

[TTRevisited] LENNOX LEWIS vs RAY MERCER round 1

Post by the13r »

Round 1 HighLights:

Round 1 TTR Judges Scorecard:

DAVID: 10-9 Mercer
based on a bit more activity and solid punches landed. Lewis had good moments with the jab but Mercer seemed to do more damage.

MARCIANO:

ASTOR: 10-9 Mercer
Strong overhand right by mercer right at the start. Mercer applying pressure, Lewis is using a jab that he leaves out there to keep mercer at long reach. Lewis`s jab is more a defensive tool than a punishing one. Nice body work from Lewis. Nice aggresivity by Mercer, lands a good 5 punches combo ending to the body. Mercer imposing his rate with constant aggression.
Last edited by the13r on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
the13r
TTR

[TTRevisited] LENNOX LEWIS vs RAY MERCER round 2

Post by the13r »

Round 2 HighLights:

Round 2 TTR Judges Scorecard:

as he landed some very good blows. Lennox landed some good punches as well but just got hit with a few boms. He had a very good uppercut at the end of the round but I think Mercer had it based on hurting Lennox and forcing him to cover up against the ropes.

MARCIANO:

Lewis starting the round strong using a good jab with weight on it and straight punches to follow up. Mercer`s best shot is his overhand right so far, hes suing it well to punish Lewis who always dodges to his own right. Mercer succesfull again at applying pressure with rate and aggression with punishing right hands. Scoringw ell on the inside too. Lewis is starting to hold.
Last edited by the13r on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
the13r
TTR

[TTRevisited] LENNOX LEWIS vs RAY MERCER round 3

Post by the13r »

Round 3 HighLights:

Round 3 TTR Judges Scorecard:

DAVID: 10-9 Lewis
He controlled that round with his jab and did an excellent job of controlling Ray. Ray landed some good punches but only a few and Lennox stayed busy with a nice body attack.

MARCIANO: 10-9 Mercer
Mercer Agressor and landed the better Shots

Lewis is bouncing a littl emore on his toes, his using better footwork to not get trapped back to the ropes, Mercer is clearly teh better fighter on the inside. Mercer is still teh more succesfull though when they decide to clash in the centerof the ring. Mercer applied the pressure, imposed his rate, landed the better rights... Lewis is jab begins to carry more weight
Last edited by the13r on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
the13r
TTR

[TTRevisited] LENNOX LEWIS vs RAY MERCER round 4

Post by the13r »

Round 4 HighLights:

Round 4 TTR Judges Scorecard:

DAVID: 10-9 Lewis
based on the excellent punch selection. Love the left and right hooks to the body. Both men were tagged a bit in this round and it was very very close but I think Lennox pulled it out just by a small amount. Damn good round and could go either way.

MARCIANO: 10-9 Lewis
Lewis did the Best Work when Mercer would Land Lewis Came back wih the better shots

ASTOR: 10-9 Lewis
Lewis landing a superb combination inside the pocket, both fighters were holding and lewis pushed mercer a little and then exploded with a combo including a great uppercut. he did teh same thign again later in the round. This is getting a more physical fight, both fighters holding and wrestling on the inside. Mercer landing solid shots. Mercer explodes again with solid combos including punishing shots to the body. Almost a equal round but Lewis confirme3d this one by getting Mercer on the ropes and landing another superb combo. Lewis won it on Skills
THE BEST ROUND OF THE FIGHT
Last edited by the13r on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
the13r
TTR

[TTRevisited] LENNOX LEWIS vs RAY MERCER round 5

Post by the13r »

Round 5 HighLights:

Round 5 TTR Judges Scorecard:

That was a mostly jabbing round and I felt like Ray did a better job of it and came back strong in the second half of the round. Lennox controlled the first minute but then seemed to fall back a bit trying to catch his wind.

MARCIANO: 10-9 Mercer
Mercer did the Better work in a Slower round

Lewis back to the lazier jab, more of a stay busy / defensive jab. Mercer is holding a little more now. Break round for both so far. A jab battle, Mercer throws more right hands. Mercer lands a good right with 30 seconds left and gets the round IMO
Last edited by the13r on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
the13r
TTR

[TTRevisited] LENNOX LEWIS vs RAY MERCER round 6

Post by the13r »

Round 6 HighLights:

Round 6 TTR Judges Scorecard:

based on the harder punches landed and it looked like Lennox was still trying to catch his air. Lennox threw some bombs but got a little wild and Mercer landed a good sequence over the course of about 15 seconds and then clinched appropriately when Lennox was about to throw.

MARCIANO: 10-9 Lewis
Lewis Landed the better Shots While Mercer Missed most of his

ASTOR: 10-9 Lewis
Lewis has more weight on his jab in this round and is looking to follow with power rights. Mercer upward jab has been prety good so far. Lewis opens up half way and lets his hands go a little and lands a good combo. Mercer pressures Lewis but Lennox is able to dodge most of the shots leaning on the ropes.Besides the sequence i just mentioned, thsi was Lewis round, more skils, more punches and combos landed.
Last edited by the13r on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

NEXT PAGE

so there aint too many gifs loading at once
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

NEXT PAGE

so there aint too many gifs loading at once

Return to “Controversial Fights Revisited by TTR judges”