JUAN DIAZ vs JULIO DIAZ

Chosen controversial fights by our members scored by our TTR judges
Burowz™

Post by Burowz™ »

Baby Bull needs some bigger fights, and hopefully he'll get 'em.

I'd like to see Juan fight Katsidis myself. Cassamayor is getting up there in age. He's 12 years older than Juan.

On a sidenote, why isn't Joel Cassamayor ranked in the lightweights over at BoxRec??
OLDMONGOOSE

Post by OLDMONGOOSE »

MISSING!!! Julio Diaz's soul...There is reason to believe it was taken by one Juan "Baby Bull" Diaz, a resident of Houston,Texas...anyone with information can contact 1-800-I SHOULDN'T OF SAID THAT DUMB SHIT ABOUT JESUS with any pertinent information
R.I.P. Scap
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Post by USMILMAN »

I said I was on the Juan Diaz bandwagon now, but I have been on the Joel Cass bandwagon for awhile now.

Dude gets no respect. Wins the championship from Corrales (RIP), gets it stripped for some reason, so now somebody can say "no, why would I fight Cassimayor"?

Now who would win, I don't know. Juan is a machine in the ring. But Cass is so slick, he just might be able to confuse Diaz enough to slow him the hell down.

Diaz holds 3 belts, but Cass is the champion!
Last edited by USMILMAN on Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burowz™

Post by Burowz™ »

USMILMAN wrote:Ok, I am now on the Juan Diaz bandwagon, but........

Why would he call out Manny Pac when he should be fighting Cassamayor next?

Dont call out a guy below you when you have the champion sitting right there that I KNOW would fight you!
Well, Baby Bull needs to keep wishing because he won't get Pac-at least not right away. Pac's next fight will be against either Humberto Soto or Guzman...hopefully. Of course, if JMM beats Juarez then I could see Manny fighting him a 2nd time which would be fine with me.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

Tommy wrote:I'd like to see him fight Cass or Katsidis but obviously Pac is a big money fight.

Really who ever beats this guy will have to knock him out .

As slick as Cass is I dont see him hanging with Juan. I also think Katsidis is tailor made for Juan. Unification would be cool though but nothing much left at 135. Cass and leave undisputed. Juan could easily make 140.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

LM actually said something i was thinking about. Who does Juan Diaz fight like? I have no idea. Juan diaz has plodding feet, super fast hands, can throw a punches without getting tired, and every punch he throws is a power punch. he also seems like he can take a punch too. i have never seem hurt.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

deadlything wrote:LM actually said something i was thinking about. Who does Juan Diaz fight like? I have no idea. Juan diaz has plodding feet, super fast hands, can throw a punches without getting tired, and every punch he throws is a power punch. he also seems like he can take a punch too. i have never seem hurt.

Good questions and good observations. Part of him looks like a guy easily beat. The plodder. Yet he endeavors.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
Burowz™

Post by Burowz™ »

USMILMAN wrote:I said I was on the Juan Diaz bandwagon now, but I have been on the Joel Cass bandwagon for awhile now.

Dude gets no respect. Wins the championship from Corrales (RIP), gets it stripped for some reason, so now somebody can say "no, why would I fight Cassimayor"?

Now who would win, I don't know. Juan is a machine in the ring. But Cass is so slick, he just might be able to confuse Diaz enough to slow him the hell down.

I can absolutely see Cass beating Juan. Juan is pretty much flat-footed in the ring and if Cass boxed him all night, well, he would stand a good chance. Cass has enough pop to keep Juan honest too. But, Cass is getting older. That's my biggest concern for him should he fight Juan.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

you need power to keep Juan off of you.... keep him honest. Otherwise his activity and fast hands will always wear down a guy who wants to use side-to-side movement
Burowz™

Post by Burowz™ »

RASTA666 wrote:
deadlything wrote:LM actually said something i was thinking about. Who does Juan Diaz fight like? I have no idea. Juan diaz has plodding feet, super fast hands, can throw a punches without getting tired, and every punch he throws is a power punch. he also seems like he can take a punch too. i have never seem hurt.

The plodder. .

Who are YOU to call ANYONE a plodder??? LOL
USMILMAN

Post by USMILMAN »

Burowz™ wrote:
USMILMAN wrote:I said I was on the Juan Diaz bandwagon now, but I have been on the Joel Cass bandwagon for awhile now.

I can absolutely see Cass beating Juan. Juan is pretty much flat-footed in the ring and if Cass boxed him all night, well, he would stand a good chance. Cass has enough pop to keep Juan honest too. But, Cass is getting older. That's my biggest concern for him should he fight Juan.
Yes he is getting older, but Diaz/Cass should be up next. No question. Could Diaz just pressure him like he did tonight? Yes. But Joel is not Julio, he isn't going to stay in the pocket and allow Juan to put his head in his chest and rip body shots all night.

All of Joel's losses have been head scratchers. Dude could easily be undefeated.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

you need power to keep Juan off of you....
And their is no one at 135 presently.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
USMILMAN

Post by USMILMAN »

RASTA666 wrote:
Not this Katsidas guy? I have not seen him yet.
Burowz™

Post by Burowz™ »

USMILMAN wrote:
All of Joel's losses have been head scratchers. Dude could easily be undefeated.
Not sure if I ever saw his fight against JLC.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

RASTA666 wrote:
Could you imagiane the possibilities if Juan Diaz was at this level two years ago?! Castillo-Diaz and Corrales-Diaz would have been dream fights for any fan
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

I can see a tall slick boxer beating him because he feet are so slow, but he does seem to be a very smart boxer. He probably has enough boxing IQ to cut of a ring a catch a slick boxer. funny thing is every fight i seem him in the oppposing fighters always wants to trade with him. Its like they look at him a see a chubby slow fighter. Look at floyd body and you can tell he is fast and strong. samething for Pac, but you look at Juan there seems no way his hands should be that fast, and he doesn't look like he can throw that many punches for 12 rounds.
USMILMAN

Post by USMILMAN »

Burowz™ wrote:
USMILMAN wrote:
Not sure if I ever saw his fight against JLC.
IMO, he (Cass) beat him.

Its been awhile, and with the TTR revisiting some contraversial fights, maybe this fight could be done?
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

I thought Corrales beat Cassamayor during their rematch
Burowz™

Post by Burowz™ »

deadlything wrote:I can see a tall slick boxer beating him because he feet are so slow, but he does seem to be a very smart boxer. He probably has enough boxing IQ to cut of a ring a catch a slick boxer. funny thing is every fight i seem him in the oppposing fighters always wants to trade with him. Its like they look at him a see a chubby slow fighter. Look at floyd body and you can tell he is fast and strong. samething for Pac, but you look at Juan there seems no way his hands should be that fast, and he doesn't look like he can throw that many punches for 12 rounds.

Good points Deadly.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

Burowz™ wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:

The plodder. .

Lol in context I may and out of you may not :lol:
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
USMILMAN

Post by USMILMAN »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:I thought Corrales beat Cassamayor during their rematch
You did? Huh.

It was close though, so hey.....
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:
Could you imagiane the possibilities if Juan Diaz was at this level two years ago?! Castillo-Diaz and Corrales-Diaz would have been dream fights for any fan

No doubt.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
3Mosquitoes
TTR Superfights Challenge #4 Co-Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #4 Co-Champion

Post by 3Mosquitoes »

Man, am I a fan of Juan!!! Guy forces you to fight his fight and then just wears you down. Back-to-back championship fights in which he FORCED his opponent to quit. He just beats the WILL right out of you.
Burowz™

Post by Burowz™ »

RASTA666 wrote:
Burowz™ wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:
The plodder. .

Lol in context I may and out of you may not :lol:

Go eat a gnarled up turd plodder boy!!!!!
USMILMAN

Post by USMILMAN »

3Mosquitoes wrote:Man, am I a fan of Juan!!! Guy forces you to fight his fight and then just wears you down. Back-to-back championship fights in which he FORCED his opponent to quit. He just beats the WILL right out of you.
Exactly. Whats not to like?

Return to “Controversial Fights Revisited by TTR judges”