Pacquiao v Marquez 1

Chosen controversial fights by our members scored by our TTR judges
jeff_lacy_ko

Pacquiao v Marquez 1

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Great fight and controversial with cards all over the place:

Rd 1 10 to 6 Pacquiao

Rd 2 Pacquiao. Marquez got his footing but manny landed more punches and his were harder

Rd 3 Marquez

Rd 4 Marquez. Closer round but Marquez nicked it

Rd 5 Marquez

Rd 6 Marquez

Rd 7 Marquez. Another swing round

Rd 8 manny. Clear round for him and 1st in a while

Rd 9 Marquez

Rd 10 manny

Rd 11 Marquez

Rd 12 Marquez

Final score 8 rounds to 4 or 113 to 112 Marquez. He was superior for most of this fight sans the disastrous rd 1.

Funny to see how skinny these 2 are compared to their 4th fight when both miraculously went through puberty again in their 30's
Tocsin

Re: Pacquiao v Marquez 1

Post by Tocsin »

Been a while since I've seen it, had Manny winning by a point.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

I forgot how good it was. Watched last night. I thought Marquez won this and clearly the 3rd. Manny won the second by a point on my card. The 4th fight was fun but in my view clearly tainted due to blatant Marquez roiding up

I wanted to rewatch the first 3 Vasquez v Marquez fights but can only find the 4th one online which sucks.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

I thought Pac won this fight by a point. I remember I had it 7 rounds to 5 for Marquez, but with the 3 knockdowns Pac scored in the 1st that still gives him a 1 point edge, and I have it 113-112 for him.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

I was at this fight. Lost most my voice by the end of the 1st, sitting in the 3rd elevated row for a very fare price, prior to Manny becoming the star he is today. I was sitting next to maybe a dozen Manny fans surrounded by Marquez supporters and got into healthy back and forth with many of those guys for the duration of the fight. Watching live I thought the decision could have gone either way, but after the draw was announced a couple of Marquez fans told me they thought Juan got lucky with the decision on the way out. Besides the 1st, most the rounds were extremely close with great back and forth, a sign of things to come from these legends. Many refs would have stopped the fight after the 3rd knockdown in the 1st. Thank God/Allah/Whoever the fuck that Joe Cortez was the man in control that night. We would have missed out on 2,3,4 and one of the most shocking, albeit, tainted knockouts in boxing history.

Return to “Controversial Fights Revisited by TTR judges”