Dirrell-DeGale

Chosen controversial fights by our members scored by our TTR judges
kinggrissly

Dirrell-DeGale

Post by kinggrissly »

Just watched this all the way through for the first time and scored it. Have we/can we talk about how Dirrell was clearly robbed in this fight? I had 115-112. I gave Dirrell 1, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12. I scored round 2 for DeGale 10-8, not 10-7, for two reasons: Dirrell was winning the round clearly until he got hurt, and the second knockdown was more of a push-down. Dirrell was also winning the 3rd round until DeGale staggered him with a punch. DeGale punched himself out and simply stopped fighting around the 6th round. He mounted a minute-long mini-rally in the 11th so I gave him the benefit of the doubt to get him off the slide. He also fought some of the 12th round, but Dirrell clearly out punched him; the announcer was gassing DeGale like he was winning the last round but he lost it clearly.

If I gave DeGale the extra KD and found him another round (the 1st was pretty uneventful), you could give him a draw. But if you look at the overall picture, Dirrell was in control for about 80% of the fight and showed he was better. DeGale did have him in more trouble, but it was early in the fight. I think Dirrell sensed that he had the better skills and was overconfident before he had his feet under him. If he fought that way earlier in the Froch fight, I think he would have won that one too (actually I think he did), even if he had to get up from a KD. I hope Dirrell comes back. He beat DeGale.
NOT MY PRESIDENT

Return to “Controversial Fights Revisited by TTR judges”