Winky v Hop (card up)

Chosen controversial fights by our members scored by our TTR judges
RASTA666

Winky v Hop (card up)

Post by RASTA666 »

[youtubefullurl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFijUGLhggc[/youtubefullurl]

Another copy

[youtubefullurl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCrYMTyApDk[/youtubefullurl]

1-Almost called that even but Hop scooped it in the last 45 I think.
2-Winky's round. Much more active. Bernards punch and get out looks good but he's didn't connect.
3-Winkys round again. Way busier and landed more. Hopkins landed about 5 punches in 3 minutes. 8 if you include the head shots.
4-This round could easily be EVEN but I’ll give it to Hop for the crisper shots.
5-Winky out pointed him. All of Hops camera flourishes landed on Winks gloves. You don’t get points for that. Winky simply landed more.
6-Hops round. Really good footwork by Hop. He sure knows his way around southpaws.
7-Winky
8-Winky and its not even close.
9-Winky. Hopkins rinse and repeating the same 3 punch sequence the last three rounds and never actually scoring with it.
10-Winky. Hopkins just can’t seem to score points. All the punches landing are Winkys.
11-Winky. But call it Hops. Bernard is simply not scoring. Either a punch lands or it doesn’t. It’s a 10 point must not a 10 point throw system
12-Hop

I don't recall having it that wide for Winky. I watched it three times
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
kinggrissly

Re: Winky v Hop (card up)

Post by kinggrissly »

Surprised by your card because I thought Winky clearly did better in the first half than in the second half. Most of the rounds were pretty similar though. Tough fight to score because Winky was a light puncher even as a junior middleweight, and it's tempting to give Hopkins rounds just for throwing the heavier shots, which seems unfair because he's bigger and stronger and nobody's really doing damage. I've scored it 7-5 Hopkins with a momentum shift in the last 4 or 5 rounds. There was one round, maybe the 3rd, that I gave to Hopkins on the strength of a single body shot. Close fight for sure, tough to watch.
NOT MY PRESIDENT
Tommy

Re: Winky v Hop (card up)

Post by Tommy »

After 6 rounds Jim Watt had Hopkins up 5-1 and Lederman had Winky up 4-2.

The last 6 rounds Watt had it 4-2 Winky and Lederman had it 4-2 Hopkins.

Return to “Controversial Fights Revisited by TTR judges”