TTR's POUND-FOR-POUND RANKINGS

Vote The13thround Rankings for all weight classes
(current)
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

TTR's POUND-FOR-POUND RANKINGS

Post by KSTAT124 »

It seems a majority of TTR's posters want a P4P list so here's where you can list yours.

When the divisional rankings are compiled and posted, I'll also compile and post the Pound-for-Pound list.

It will start with the TTR Poster's Rankings through September 1, 2007.

So, get your P4P lists in ON THIS THREAD before then.

Thanks.
KSTAT124

Re: TTR's POUND-FOR-POUND RANKINGS

Post by KSTAT124 »

DSuperman25 wrote: Help me out DBO with your Ward over Floyd ranking. Ward has fought like twice since 2011, and his last fight was against Edwin Rodriguez in a route. Floyd fights twice a year and his currently the lineal welter, and Jr. middleweight champion.
Floyd is the lineal champion at 154 but is not at 147. There are those who recognize him as such but examining of why the CBZ and why The Ring do shows why they shouldn't. Floyd won the lineal title from Carlos Baldomir in 2006 but retired, thus vacating the title, in 2008.

The CBZ recognizes his win over Mosley in 2010 as being for Mosley's "lineal" title. However, neither the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board (in tracing lineages) or The Ring recognized Mosley. The CBZ recognized Mosley's win over Margarito as bringing him the vacant lineal title. The Ring, at that time, still recognized only #1 vs. #2 for their vacant title (that's also the TBRBoard's policy). Margarito and Mosley were #1 and #3 respectively- thus The Ring withheld recognition. (Another reason for not recognizing Mosley-Mayweather was Mayweather's insistence that their match be a non-title bout but that's a moot point being that Mosley wasn't really the lineal champ.)

Somewhere along the line, The Ring adopted the sanctioning bodies' policy of not needing #1 vs. #2 to fill a vacant championship. They'll now actually approve #1 or #2 vs. #5 if necessary. They recognized Mayweather vs. Guerrero for their vacant welterweight title. Ironically, that was a #1 vs. #3 situation!

No, Mayweather is not the lineal champ at 147. That lineal title is vacant.
DBO
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges

Post by DBO »

DSuperman25 wrote:
DBO wrote:DBO's P4P Updated 5-4-14

1.) Ward
2.) PBF
3.) Guillermo Rigondeaux
4.) Roman Gonzalez
5.) Wlad
6.) Sergio Martinez
7.) Mikey Garcia
8.) Nonito Donaire
9.) Juan Francisco Estrada
10.) Manny Pacquiao

11.) Marcos Rene Maidana
12.) Carl Froch
13.) Shinsuke Yamanaka
14.) Adonis Stevenson
15.) Sergey Kovalev

#6 Sergio Martinez last fought on 4/27/13- Used 1-5, 7-11 as 6-10 for rankings through 5/7/14 and through 5/21/14- Kstat
Help me out DBO with your Ward over Floyd ranking. Ward has fought like twice since 2011, and his last fight was against Edwin Rodriguez in a route. Floyd fights twice a year and his currently the lineal welter, and Jr. middleweight champion.
Just saw this now. Ward moved over PBF after I felt he lost to Maidana. Ward will soon be removed completely though for inactivity. Activity and titles don't matter in this argument unless, in my opinion, the fighter is out for a year. Then I stop rankings them altogether. P4P measures the effectiveness of styles in a realm absent of weight classes. So, Floyd dipped when his style, IMO, was not effective in his effort against a vastly lesser skilled fighter. Ward's style has been dominant. Rate them in the opposite order and I still have no problem with that choice. I chose to flip them.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

KSTAT124 wrote:
DSuperman25 wrote: Help me out DBO with your Ward over Floyd ranking. Ward has fought like twice since 2011, and his last fight was against Edwin Rodriguez in a route. Floyd fights twice a year and his currently the lineal welter, and Jr. middleweight champion.
Floyd is the lineal champion at 154 but is not at 147. There are those who recognize him as such but examining of why the CBZ and why The Ring do shows why they shouldn't. Floyd won the lineal title from Carlos Baldomir in 2006 but retired, thus vacating the title, in 2008.

The CBZ recognizes his win over Mosley in 2010 as being for Mosley's "lineal" title. However, neither the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board (in tracing lineages) or The Ring recognized Mosley. The CBZ recognized Mosley's win over Margarito as bringing him the vacant lineal title. The Ring, at that time, still recognized only #1 vs. #2 for their vacant title (that's also the TBRBoard's policy). Margarito and Mosley were #1 and #3 respectively- thus The Ring withheld recognition. (Another reason for not recognizing Mosley-Mayweather was Mayweather's insistence that their match be a non-title bout but that's a moot point being that Mosley wasn't really the lineal champ.)

Somewhere along the line, The Ring adopted the sanctioning bodies' policy of not needing #1 vs. #2 to fill a vacant championship. They'll now actually approve #1 or #2 vs. #5 if necessary. They recognized Mayweather vs. Guerrero for their vacant welterweight title. Ironically, that was a #1 vs. #3 situation!

No, Mayweather is not the lineal champ at 147. That lineal title is vacant.
With his May 2, 2015 win over Manny Pacquiao, Mayweather won the previously vacant lineal world welterweight title and now reigns as the lineal champ at both 147 and 154.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

12/3/21- OUTDATED- PLEASE UPDATE:

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:39 pm 1. Canelo
2. Usyk
3. Inoue
4. Spence
5. Crawford
6. Juan estrada
7. Lopez
8. Lomachenko
9. Beterbiev
10. Mairis Briedis

Updated 10/20/20
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

KSTAT124 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:27 am I'm using the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board's current P4P Top Ten as mine so that we have more opinions reflected in our rankings.

Transnational Boxing Rankings Board (posted November 29, 2021):

1 (1) Saul Alvarez
2 (2) Oleksandr Usyk
3 (3) Naoya Inoue
4 (4) Terence Crawford
5 (5) Errol Spence, Jr.
6 (6) Josh Taylor
7 (7) Tyson Fury
8 (8) Juan Francisco Estrada
9 (9) Gennady Golovkin
10 (-) Kazuto Ioka

Out from rankings posted November 22, 2021:
#10 Teofimo Lopez
Since, at this point, I'm the only TTR member participating in TTR's rankings, I'm going to list "our" P4P rankings as "courtesy of the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board".

Transnational Boxing Rankings Board (posted January 29, 2024):

1 (1) Terence Crawford
2 (2) Naoya Inoue
3 (3) Oleksandr Usyk
4 (4) Dmitry Bivol
5 (5) Saul Alvarez
6 (6) Devin Haney
7 (7) Artur Beterbiev
8 (8) Teofimo Lopez
9 (9) Kenshiro Teraji
10 (10) Jesse Rodriguez

Out from rankings posted January 22, 2024: