About the Today in Boxing History section

Same day events that happened in boxing history
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

About the Today in Boxing History section

Post by KSTAT124 »

As the "Today in Boxing History" section gets closer to encompassing a complete chronological year, it is hoped, that once this happens, TTR members can bounce in and check out boxing's historical events of each day. If a member finds something in this section that may be topic worthy, a certain fight, the birthday of a particular fighter, or the passing of a particular fighter, he or she is welcome to start a thread on the main board where the topic could be discussed.

We realize that some members may have preferred the posting of stories and articles as John and other members did periodically and when the complete year (courtesy of Richey S. Jones of ringsideboxingshow.com and Wikipedia) is in the books, events of significance for a particular day can be researched and once again be brought to the members attention in this manner.

It is hoped that, at this time, comments posted in the history section are kept brief and that any major discussions, as mentioned earlier, be brought to the main board.

Please let us know if you have any suggestions relative to the improving the history section.

Thanks.

Tim (straycat) and Ken (KSTAT124)
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

In an effort to minimize multiple entries for a specific day please refer to that days previous entry.
Thanks.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

A complete year of Richey's list is officially in the books.
Hopefully some significant content from each day from now on can be found and posted otherwise if nothing from the previous year (2010) can be added the previous entry shall be bumped to maintain a chronological order.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

It appears that Richey has added from previous years in some entries so to make sure you get a full recap of the day in history do check the previous post for that particular day.

Hope to find some footage for the Norton Ali fight later but have stuff to do on this Chaves day off.
:)
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

If anybody would like to have Richey's list fwd to them each month pm me your email and I would be more than happy to oblige the request.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Have not received the list for this month from Richey Cox. (Realted to Woo? J/K :D)

When it gets in if anything significant has taken place the entry for that day will be edited and hopefully a note can be added to the title thread for a few days.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Boy did I drop the ball here :?
I will update the last three days this evening when I get home.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!

Return to “Today in Boxing History”