Hearn wants Tevin Farmer-Gervonta Davis, offers declined

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Hearn wants Tevin Farmer-Gervonta Davis, offers declined

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/10/23/ ... promotions

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn is keen on staging a junior lightweight title unification between Tevin Farmer and Gervonta Davis, two fighters who have had a personal beef for well over a year now.

With both fighters having mentioned time and again that they’d like to have that fight, the only thing that seems to be standing in the way is Mayweather Promotions, whom Gervonta Davis is currently signed to. Davis, 23, has fought only once in 2018, isn’t expected to return this year, and has been extremely vocal on social media about being displeased with his promotional situation.

Hearn tells ESPN that he extended an offer to co-promote Davis on DAZN for three fights, which would earn Davis the biggest purses of his career by far. That offer was declined by Mayweather Promotions. Hearn then went back and offered a one-fight co-promotional deal just to stage the Farmer fight, or any other fight they could agree on. That offer was also declined.

“I went back [to Mayweather Promotions] and said, ‘Look, if you don’t want to do a three-fight deal with me, do a one-fight deal.’ The money is three times more than he’s making at the moment,” said Hearn, the No. 1 promoter in the United Kingdom. “America is a strange market. If that happened in the U.K. and the kid turned around and went, ‘I want to take it,’ you have no choice. In the U.S., the promoters seem to have much more power to be able to say, ‘No, I’m not letting you’ or ‘You’re not allowed to.’ That’s crazy. It might not suit Mayweather Promotions to upset their [broadcast] partner that will affect their other business by taking this deal. But how is that acting in the best interest of the fighter?”

Hearn mentions that he’ll go back to Mayweather Promotions with yet another offer, but if he can’t get any traction he could instead try to make a fight between Farmer and Scott Quigg, who just stopped Mario Briones this past weekend on the Andrade-Kautondokwa undercard.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Re: Hearn wants Tevin Farmer-Gervonta Davis, offers declined

Post by lurkyshaka »

Weird situation......seems like its a personal issue where Mayweather promotions are deliberately fucking up Davis's career. Who exactly Davis has fallen out with is up for debate. Is it Floyd, Ellerbe,..?? But whatever the case is he's basically being left on the shelf deliberately by his promoter. He needs to seek legal advice because in essence they are stopping him from working/earning.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Widely reported Davis banged floyds daughter amd fliyd is now getting revenge

Dont know if that's true buy its a fun story
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

There definitely seems to be some promotors in the US desperately trying to stop Hearn, you can see they are feeling heavily threatened.
But it's hurting boxing, just get on with it.

Holding their boxers hostage now, just to keep them for a little longer... They all gonna leave in the end though, just delaying the inevitable...

Co-promote and they might even stay with you.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
KiNg_DaDdY_2o9

Post by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 »

Davis smashed Floyd's daughter. The other day someone tweeted Davis 'Man I want to see you in the ring Gervonta'. Davis tweeted back, 'Me too'. No doubt TMT is purposely sabotaging Davis' career.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

If Floyd is intentionally doing this because of personal reasons and thus stalling Davis' career, can't Davis sue to get out of his contract?
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

First time Im hearing of this rumor regarding Davis and Mayweathers daughter. If its true, I can totally understand the underlying beef. Wow?!
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:Widely reported Davis banged floyds daughter amd fliyd is now getting revenge

Dont know if that's true buy its a fun story
If true....it explains everything and I don't blame Mayweather for fucking up his career.

But hold on a min though.....how old is Mayweather's daughter??! I thought his kids were all early teens and still in school!! :shock:
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

One of his daughters is 18 i think. Im not sure though
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:One of his daughters is 18 i think. Im not sure though
Yeah that seems to be the case....thank goodness she is at least an adult. Even so I can understand now why Davis has been shelved. He's only himself to blame if he's shit on Floyd like that. He's crossed a line with that move.

Maybe it is only a rumour....but it would make sense why Mayweather promotions are seeming to be willingly ruining his career. To be honest if this is the case I don't think it'll end anytime soon. Davis may be forced to see out what remains of his contract in inactivity.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

lol that was some expensive pussy if that's the case

Who is TMT's broadcast partner they're referencing?
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

So much for "The Money Team", because this putting a personal beef ahead of business has no money value involved.

Settle this shit in the background and make the fight, Floyd.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”