Floyd Mayweather Vs Canelo 2 would be HUGE. Will it happen2

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Peat56

Floyd Mayweather Vs Canelo 2 would be HUGE. Will it happen2

Post by Peat56 »

Mayweather keeps dropping comments about a return. Sometimes its hinting at it and sometimes (as was the case a few weeks ago) its an outright declaration.

Mayweather stated today that Canelo was an easier fight for him than "Connor McQuitter" was. This certainly cannot be true and we all know it. But why not have Mayweather put his money where his mouth is and fight Canelo again?

Such a fight would be mammoth, and, yes, probably 'the biggest fight of all time, as tired as that expression is.

It would basically be for all the middleweight marbles. A win would cement Floyd as a middleweight great, and it would be hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/boxing- ... is-rivals/
TheSickness316

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Canelo 2 would be HUGE. Will it hap

Post by TheSickness316 »

Won't happen. Floyd won't (and honestly shouldn't) go to middleweight. If he wanted to fight at middleweight he would have fought GGG especially when he and his father both said that GGG is an easy win.
KiNg_DaDdY_2o9

Post by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 »

Canelo said Floyd wouldn't risk fighting him again.

I'm not advocating for Floyd to fight @160 but if there's one fight worth coming back for, it's a Canelo rematch @160 for the MW crown. It would be a huge payday and a fight that would actually enhance his already HOF legacy. A BS Pacquiao rematch does nothing for Floyd but increase his bank account. A Canelo fight does both. The only obstacle would be the negotiations. Canelo will never be the B-side to anyone ever again, Floyd included.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 wrote:Canelo said Floyd wouldn't risk fighting him again.

I'm not advocating for Floyd to fight @160 but if there's one fight worth coming back for, it's a Canelo rematch @160 for the MW crown. It would be a huge payday and a fight that would actually enhance his already HOF legacy. A BS Pacquiao rematch does nothing for Floyd but increase his bank account. A Canelo fight does both. The only obstacle would be the negotiations. Canelo will never be the B-side to anyone ever again, Floyd included.
He is the B-side when it comes to negotiations with Floyd.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Floyd made a very young, green Canelo come down to a catchweight. Floyd showed no interest in fighting Sergio Martinez for the lineal title even though Sergio was willing to kill himself to meet Floyd at 154 or 155 and is actually older than Floyd. That was when Floyd was at his peak.

No way Floyd would be interested in that kind of challenge now nor should he. He is going to pick his spots like he has always done, maximising reward and minimising risk.

Plus why the hell would Floyd bother with Canelo and the headaches of making it -- when the Pac fight is right there easy to make for just as much money.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Canvas wrote:Floyd made a very young, green Canelo come down to a catchweight. Floyd showed no interest in fighting Sergio Martinez for the lineal title even though Sergio was willing to kill himself to meet Floyd at 154 or 155 and is actually older than Floyd. That was when Floyd was at his peak.

No way Floyd would be interested in that kind of challenge now nor should he. He is going to pick his spots like he has always done, maximising reward and minimising risk.

Plus why the hell would Floyd bother with Canelo and the headaches of making it -- when the Pac fight is right there easy to make for just as much money.
Floyd said GGG would be an easy and GGG offered to go down to 154 as well. He obviously didn't accept.
KiNg_DaDdY_2o9

Post by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 »

Canelo wouldn't fight Floyd if Floyd thinks he's going to dictate terms against Canelo. It would be @160, Canelo walks in last, introduced last, etc. Floyd isn't relevant anymore. Floyd may think he's the A-side but as soon as he plays his games, the negotiations would end. This isn't 2013 anymore.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 wrote:Canelo wouldn't fight Floyd if Floyd thinks he's going to dictate terms against Canelo. It would be @160, Canelo walks in last, introduced last, etc. Floyd isn't relevant anymore. Floyd may think he's the A-side and it'll be a headache to make the fight as you said, but as soon as he plays his games, the negotiations would end. This isn't 2013 anymore.
Floyd's last fight over a year ago did over 4 million buys. I think that says it all.
KiNg_DaDdY_2o9

Post by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 »

I understand that, but that fight sold on the basis of the freakshow/circus like experiment. His last boxing match before that bombed against Berto. So I get the point of it being a huge event but we have to provide context.

Canelo is never going to be A-side again, especially against Floyd. He gave in to his catch-weight demand as a budding superstar but still didn't have the clout that he does now. As canvas said, it would be too much of a headache to make the fight. Canelo would probably rather give Golovkin 50/50 for a third fight than be the B-side to Floyd ever again. It'll never happen.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I don't like Floyd much but seeing 40 something Floyd beaten senseless at 160 wouldn't afford me much pleasure either.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 wrote:I understand that, but that fight sold on the basis of the freakshow/circus like experiment. His last boxing match before that bombed against Berto. So I get the point of it being a huge event but we have to provide context.

Canelo is never going to be A-side again, especially against Floyd. He gave in to his catch-weight demand as a budding superstar but still didn't have the clout that he does now. As canvas said, it would be too much of a headache to make the fight. Canelo would probably rather give Golovkin 50/50 for a third fight than be the B-side to Floyd ever again. It'll never happen.
But at that same point though, it could easily be said that if you take someone like Berto and put him in there with Canelo, he'll do worse. I mean, just look at the numbers Canelo did with Smith. Canelo is definitely a star, he is the top star in terms of active boxers, but Floyd is the A-side.

But while I feel Floyd is the A-side, one thing I believe is that Canelo has more leverage this time around than he did last time. This is no longer a just agree to everything Floyd wants because it's Floyd and you just want the fight.
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Fight with Canelo will never happen, Floyd is basically done and the only fight for him is a also a done Manny. Floyd fighting the best at 160 is delusional at 41ys old, it wouldnt happen in his prime its not going to happen when he is all but shot.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Canelo would beat him. Floyd knows it. Its why he wants to fight mma fighters and women
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 wrote:Canelo said Floyd wouldn't risk fighting him again.

People Floyd is 41 and Floyd already beat Canelo all 12 rounds and made Canelo his bitch. Floyd was 36 at the time and still did it. Canelo got his ass royally beat. Nothing to prove here! The history books will always show Floyd beat Canelo like a red headed step child..lol

50-0 Baby......deal with it Princess, now go pay a judge off and eat a steroid taco...lol
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 wrote:I understand that, but that fight sold on the basis of the freakshow/circus like experiment. His last boxing match before that bombed against Berto. So I get the point of it being a huge event but we have to provide context.

Plus Floyd would be on guard for DLH trying to pay off judges. Don’t forget one judge gave that one sided beat down a draw. That would make things difficult for princess. He would have to try to win fairly..that’s virgin territory for her....lol
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

Canelo could never pull 4 million fighting McGreger. That’s why McGregor went to Floyd and not Canelo. Lol in other news Floyd just called Canelo a cheater......hilarious.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Old as shit (for a boxer), not gonna happen.

I wonder when the Floyd talk is finally gonna die lol
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Probably not for a bit. He fought only last year and has come back from 2 years out multiple times before, so when he mentions a return it's going to generate attention for now.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Last edited by TopNotch86 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

wouldnt be a good fight for floyd IMO. hes old and has been out of the ring. his last fight was against an amateur. canelo has gotten stronger and more experienced since they last fought. floyd has probably deteriorated enough, and canelo has probably improved enough to beat him at this point. the money isnt worth ruining his legacy with a bad KO loss at his age. stay retired floyd, or take a layup fight for the cash if you really want it that bad. these young hungry lions will eat him alive at this point
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

ObJuan13 wrote:Old as shit (for a boxer), not gonna happen.

I wonder when the Floyd talk is finally gonna die lol
When Floyd stops constantly seeking attention. The dude is so insecure he can't handle not being in the spotlight.
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

It will be tough for anybody to decision Alvarez in Vegas at this point. My concern in this rematch is the possibility of another questionable decision. Its not like we havent seen it before in regard to Alvarez. With that said Alvarez is the person that has everything to gain in this Mayweather rematch. That fight wasnt close.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

Can anyone name another sport where one can have so many advantages over their opposition. Lol I mean it’s comical. Lol
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

gino7799 wrote:Can anyone name another sport where one can have so many advantages over their opposition. Lol I mean it’s comical. Lol
I'm guessing you don't watch the NFL or NBA
KiNg_DaDdY_2o9

Post by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 »

Man that broad cries all day. On her rag year round. Boxing fans are supposed to be men, not bitchy females.
Last edited by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”