I like Shannon Briggs, I'd just never pay to watch him fight

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Peat56

I like Shannon Briggs, I'd just never pay to watch him fight

Post by Peat56 »

Briggs always entertains. Got to hand it to him how he promotes himself during the final years of his career. I doubt he gets a title shot at this stage of the game. He'll probably have to take a risk and fight a risky non-title fight to compel the powers that be to give him a shot, but I am pretty sure he'd lose that too. But he's fun to watch. I'd just never pay money to see him.

https://www.boxingscene.com/video-shann ... ua--132925
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Re: I like Shannon Briggs, I'd just never pay to watch him f

Post by Primetyme199 »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

Oh no Shannon! You crashed my training camp!
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

The guy really is following a pretty good playbook for trying to get in and stay in the picture of the heavyweight scene. He's basically playing the George Foreman/Vinny Paz/Hector Camacho playbook: Almost any press is good press, talk as loudly as you can, create some buzz words/phrases, get in people's faces, show up unexpectedly, etc etc. But I just doubt Mr Briggs has the tenacity and will of a George Foreman to win big at this stage. He can probably KO low ranked guys for the next 5 years if he wants. But when he get a major fight he's done.
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

He looks good for an old fighter. Lets Go Champ!!!
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”