Hearn: If Wilder-Fury Does 1 Mi+ Buys I'll Give Wilder 50-50

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Hearn: If Wilder-Fury Does 1 Mi+ Buys I'll Give Wilder 50-50

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-if-wi ... 50--133005

By Declan Taylor, courtesy of The Daily Star

EDDIE HEARN is finally ready to hand Deontay Wilder a 50-50 split to fight Anthony Joshua.

Wilder is currently preparing to face Tyson Fury in LA on December 1 and victory will open the door to a Wembley showdown with AJ next April.

The two teams have so far failed to even come close to agreeing a deal despite months of negotiations and multiple offers from each side.

But now Hearn, who had the American a flat fee of £15m to face AJ, is ready to split the pot down the middle - provided Wilder-Fury rack up a million or more buys on pay-per-view.

Hearn said: “I saw Wilder came out and say he wants 60-40 if he beats Fury.

“It frustrates me that people are actually thick enough to think he wants this fight when he comes out with comments like that.

“At the moment I think a split of 65-35 in AJ’s favour is fair.

“Nobody knows who Deontay Wilder is. But if his fight with Tyson Fury does a million buys plus then he can have 50-50.

“But if he does under 300,000 buys he should have taken 80-20.”
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
jeff_lacy_ko

Re: Hearn: If Wilder-Fury Does 1 Mi+ Buys I'll Give Wilder 5

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

250k sounds about right for wilder v fury
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Hearn says this knowing full well people don't think this fight will do 1 million+ PPV buys
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

TheSickness316 wrote:Hearn says this knowing full well people don't think this fight will do 1 million+ PPV buys
No shit Sherlock.......Hearn is just pointing out that Wilder's demands are a load of shit based on the numbers he draws.
But if Wilder does manage to draw a crowd then Hearn has put himself on the line and will be accountable....there is no negative spin that can be put on this....but hey I'm sure you'll give it a good go!
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

lurkyshaka wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote:Hearn says this knowing full well people don't think this fight will do 1 million+ PPV buys
No shit Sherlock.......Hearn is just pointing out that Wilder's demands are a load of shit based on the numbers he draws.
But if Wilder does manage to draw a crowd then Hearn has put himself on the line and will be accountable....there is no negative spin that can be put on this....but hey I'm sure you'll give it a good go!
Don't need to put any spin because you've already shown Hearn to be full of shit in the past. And he's shown himself to be a liar here saying he offered an 80-20 split when all he offered was a flat fee.
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

TheSickness316 wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:
Don't need to put any spin because you've already shown Hearn to be full of shit in the past. And he's shown himself to be a liar here saying he offered an 80-20 split when all he offered was a flat fee.
So Wilder chats some shit about wanting 60/40 in his favour Vs Joshua, or at the least 50/50.....and you take aim at Hearn :lol:
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

lurkyshaka wrote:
So Wilder chats some shit about wanting 60/40 in his favour Vs Joshua, or at the least 50/50.....and you take aim at Hearn :lol:
Wanting something and saying you're going to give someone something are two different things. On top of the fact that the one who doesn't want this fight is Hearn, yeah.
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

TheSickness316 wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:
Wanting something and saying you're going to give someone something are two different things. On top of the fact that the one who doesn't want this fight is Hearn, yeah.
What part of the lanky streak of piss is demanding percentages that he simply does not warrant do you not get??....and by demanding percentages that he doesn't warrant he obviously fucks all possibility of the fight happening......yet you insist on blaming Hearn.

Its like saying you really want a job that pays $30 per hour, but you go in and demand $300 per hour.....they naturally tell you to fuck off, but you blame them for not giving you the job.

Who is at fault for you not starting work.......you or the company? It is a fucking no brainer.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

lurkyshaka wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:
What part of the lanky streak of piss is demanding percentages that he simply does not warrant do you not get??....and by demanding percentages that he doesn't warrant he obviously fucks all possibility of the fight happening......yet you insist on blaming Hearn.

Its like saying you really want a job that pays $30 per hour, but you go in and demand $300 per hour.....they naturally tell you to fuck off, but you blame them for not giving you the job.

Who is at fault for you not starting work.......you or the company? It is a fucking no brainer.
You mean like putting a bullshit deadline on talks and having the deadline by the night of the other guy's upcoming fight?
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Wilder has badly outpriced himself from the start. He is either mentally retarded or delusional. His advisors are snake oil salesmen trying to grift the public for a payday.

Wilder/Fury will be a box office dud on ppv in the US because Wilder is not a draw. I doubt it hits 300k buys and wouldn't be surprised if it does less than 200k. I doubt the official numbers will ever be released by Showtime. Warren and Haymon will depend heavily on massive revenue from the UK to break even and cover the guarantees.

If Wilder wins he will probably come out of this with a weakened negotiating position. This won't be the biggest heavyweight fight of the year commercially.

I don't think the winner of this fight will ever fight Joshua and I don't really care.
Last edited by Canvas on Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Canvas wrote:Wilder has badly outpriced himself from the start. He is either mentally retarded or delusional. His advisors are snake oil salesmen trying to grift the public for a payday.

Wilder/Fury will be a box office dud on ppv in the US because Wilder is not a draw. I doubt it hits 300k buys and wouldn't be surprised if it does less than 200k. I doubt the official numbers will ever be released by Showtime. Warren and Haymon will depend heavily on massive revenue from the UK to break even and cover the guarantees.

If Wilder wins he will probably come out of this with a weakened negotiating position. This won't be the biggest heavyweight fight of the year commercially.

I don't think think the winner of this fight will ever fight Joshua and I don't really care.
A part where I think you're wrong could be a weakened negotiating position. I think Wilder beating Fury will actually help his cause. He beats the guy who dethroned the guy that is Joshua's biggest win. Considering where things are between the 2 sides, this victory will only help.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Lol, this Fury isn't the same Fury that beat Wlad, he's a shell of the man!

There isn't a top 10 heavyweight/cruiserweight who wouldn't fancy their chances right now.

Wilder HAS TO win, emphatically at that...

I've said it before... If my biggest payday was $2.5m and I was offered $15m for the other 3 belts against a superstar of the sport, I would have bitted the hand off.

Wilder has never had any intention to fight AJ and now he wants 60/40 or 50/50?

Even his biggest fans should be calling this chump out.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Lets bare in mind that their last fights, AJ earned $20m and Wilder $2.5m...

Thats a 90/10 split if we were actually being fair.

Thats not even taking into account the fact there are 3 belts v 1.

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Mayz wrote:Lol, this Fury isn't the same Fury that beat Wlad, he's a shell of the man!

There isn't a top 10 heavyweight/cruiserweight who wouldn't fancy their chances right now.

Wilder HAS TO win, emphatically at that...

I've said it before... If my biggest payday was $2.5m and I was offered $15m for the other 3 belts against a superstar of the sport, I would have bitted the hand off.

Wilder has never had any intention to fight AJ and now he wants 60/40 or 50/50?

Even his biggest fans should be calling this chump out.
And Wlad was such a world beater when Joshua beat him? Wlad was coming off the loss of Fury when Joshua beat him. Doesn't change the fact that Fury is still undefeated and the won who actually dethroned Wlad. So this win would be a better win than Joshua's win over Wlad.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Is Fury better right now than the Wlad who AJ beat? Hard to say

Wlad kept himself in shape rather than ballooning to nearly 400 pounds and going off the handle with drugs. And Wlad had a top level fight a year and a half earlier, whereas by fight night Fury won't have fought a top 50 opponent in over 3 years. It will be the first time in quite a while he's had anything coming back at him, and it will be shots from a huge puncher. Not exactly the best guy to get back in the swing of things against....

Beating Fury would still be a big win and strengthen Wilder's resume (I think that +Ortiz make him one of the top FOTY candidates), but I'm not sure what exactly Fury has at this point. It would've been easier to tell if his comeback opponents weren't so weak.

No way this fight does 1m+ and I think Hearn knows that
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Also, Hearn says 65-35 is fair, but that Wilder calling for 60-40 if he beats Fury shows he doesn't want it? Is it that big of a difference?
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Tocsin wrote:Also, Hearn says 65-35 is fair, but that Wilder calling for 60-40 if he beats Fury shows he doesn't want it? Is it that big of a difference?
It is if it's Wilder saying he wants the split in his favor. Though reading, I'm seeing conflicting reports on that.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Oh right, I had just assumed that meant 60-40 AJ. Obviously Wilder isn't going to get the bigger split....
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Tocsin wrote:Oh right, I had just assumed that meant 60-40 AJ. Obviously Wilder isn't going to get the bigger split....
I saw one article say 60/40 in Wilder's favor but then saw another article where it's 60/40 in Joshua's favor. If we go with the latter, you're right in asking if it's that much of a difference.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

MF'ers who make 1 million per fight turning down 15 million and a chance at the division top dog. They are not equals. Not even remotely close. It shouldn't be a negotiation.

Unbelievable. I say to hell with them, just move on.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Tocsin wrote:Is Fury better right now than the Wlad who AJ beat? Hard to say

Wlad kept himself in shape rather than ballooning to nearly 400 pounds and going off the handle with drugs. And Wlad had a top level fight a year and a half earlier, whereas by fight night Fury won't have fought a top 50 opponent in over 3 years. It will be the first time in quite a while he's had anything coming back at him, and it will be shots from a huge puncher. Not exactly the best guy to get back in the swing of things against....

Beating Fury would still be a big win and strengthen Wilder's resume (I think that +Ortiz make him one of the top FOTY candidates), but I'm not sure what exactly Fury has at this point. It would've been easier to tell if his comeback opponents weren't so weak.

No way this fight does 1m+ and I think Hearn knows that
Not hard to say then really right? He's hardly the same man. Wlad was older, but still top 2/3 in the division (not sure where Ring had him ranked). Fury is ranked by Ring number 7 right now, below Parker, Povetkin and Whyte (and Ortiz/Wilder). Even that is based on his win over Wlad years ago, rather than in the ring. It's not the same man, everyone in boxing can see it.

It is a good fight for Wilder to take though. It'll raise Wilders profile over here for sure, so he can ask for more than the 10% he deserves, based on past earnings.
I think 30% would be fair if he beats Fury, Hearns saying 35%, which means hes probably willing to go 38% with negotiation. That's a huge amount for Wilder who has sat on his title and done nothing his entire career.

The fact Wilder is asking for 60/40 in his favour or he'll 'settle for 50/50', shows where this man is at.l, he hasn't changed. He's only fighting Fury because he thinks Fury is done, otherwise he would duck that too.

On a side note, I do think Fury truly believes he's going to win. He mentioned a couple of times how Wilders wild swings were never going to land, I don't think he rates him at all.

Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Actually Wlad was ranked number 1 by Ring when AJ fought him, so not really any comparison in the abilities at the time.

lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

TheSickness316 wrote:
You mean like putting a bullshit deadline on talks and having the deadline by the night of the other guy's upcoming fight?
Can't answer the point eh hun :lol:
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

lurkyshaka wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote:
Nothing to answer since you didn't ask a fucking question, unlike me who specifically asked a question that you refused to answer.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

lurkyshaka wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote:
Nothing to answer since you didn't ask a fucking question considering what you said was rhetorical, unlike me who specifically asked a question that you refused to answer.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”