Warrington 27-0/Frampton 26-1/Heffron 21-0/HW Gorman 14-0

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Warrington 27-0/Frampton 26-1/Heffron 21-0/HW Gorman 14-0

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/10/10/ ... ton-in-u-s

ESPN+ has secured yet another quality fight from overseas, landing the rights to broadcast Carl Frampton vs. Josh Warrington stateside on December 22nd. The fight takes place at Manchester Arena.

Warrington (27-0, 6 KO) spoiled a long-brewing matchup between Frampton (26-1, 15 KO) and Lee Selby by scraping out a split decision over the “Lightning” in May to earn the IBF featherweight title. Despite there being just four years between the two, the matchup has the feel of a crossroads fight; Warrington looked terrific against Selby, while there’s a sense that Frampton gave all he had in his two wars with Leo Santa Cruz.

As usual, the service costs $4.99/month, and has already offered a number of good scraps we’d have otherwise missed without turning to the unspeakable, god-forsaken evil that is illegal str3aming. Which I obviously know nothing about, having avoided the stuff like any good, upstanding citizen. Thanks, ESPN+, for giving people a wholesome outlet.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Frank Warren inks Tyson Fury’s brother

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://fightnews.com/frank-warren-inks ... more-32585

Tommy Fury, the younger brother of Tyson Fury, has signed a promotional deal with Frank Warren and will make his professional bow on the undercard of Josh Warrington’s world title defense against Carl Frampton in Manchester on December 22nd.

At 19-years-old, Tommy is the youngest out of the fighting Fury family.

With older brother Tyson already having achieved so much within the sport and having the opportunity to engrave his name onto the WBC World Heavyweight title come December 1st, Tommy is under no illusion that his world-renowned ‘Fury’ name will certainly gather plenty of attention when he laces up the gloves on December 22nd.

“It’s big shoes to fill isn’t it?!” joked Tommy.

He continued: “…But sure, it’s a big name to live up to but I don’t feel any added pressure on myself because of it, I know that I will make my own name in this sport.”

Boxing has been in Tommy’s life since the day he was born and began to take the sport more seriously as a 12-year-old, but due to the shortage of opponents willing to fight him, boxing was a very stop-start process at first.

“I only had 12 amateur fights in the end. I went to the nationals and got to the final, won the north regionals twice, so I did reasonably well.

“But amateur boxing and professional boxing are two different things. I regularly spar with Hughie [Fury, Tommy’s cousin] and his sparring partners and I know I am more suited to the pro game.”

Tommy will begin his professional journey as a light-heavyweight under the tutelage of British boxing hero Ricky Hatton at the Hatton gym in Manchester.

Along with the fighting ‘Fury’ blood running through his veins and naturally coming across a very confident young man, Tommy’s ambitions within the sport are sky high.

“I want to be World Champion, I think if you’re turning pro that has to be what you are aiming to achieve.

“I don’t want to be fighting people I can easily knock over, I want to be progressed by stepping up in level every time I step into the ring.

“I want to be fighting someone who wants to fight me back and try and make things competitive.”

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Michael Conlan: ‘I want real opponents’

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/10/22/ ... -opponents

Michael Conlan, the top featherweight prospect from Ireland who has been part of many big Top Rank cards already, feels he’s ready to step up after a win on Saturday night over Nicola Cipolletta on the Murata-Brant card.

Conlan (9-0, 6 KO) stopped Cipolletta in the seventh round, but felt he didn’t look great, describing Cipolletta as a “negative” opponent, and feels better opposition will showcase his skills:

“When you fight a guy who is negative and trying to survive, those guys are the hardest guys to look good against. He was just negative. Now, I want real opponents. I want top 10, top 15 opponents. These are the guys who are going to make me look good. These are the guys who are going to bring out the best of my technical ability.”

There has been some talk of matching Conlan against Vladimir Nikitin (2-0, 0 KO), the Russian who controversially defeated Conlan at the 2016 Olympics. Conlan has said he has no ill feelings for Nikitin himself, but would like to set the record straight.

Right now, Conlan is tentatively set to return on the Dec. 22 Frank Warren card in Manchester, headlined by Josh Warrington vs Carl Frampton. If he is going to face top 10-15 type opponents, it’ll probably come next year, not next fight, but it likely isn’t too far off, because he’s performed well as a pro and has a great amateur pedigree.

Canvas

Re: Frank Warren inks Tyson Fury’s brother

Post by Canvas »

light heavyweight?
Primetyme199

Top Rank picks up Warrington-Frampton for ESPN+

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/10/26/ ... n-for-espn

esterday Top Rank officially announced that they have secured the American broadcast rights for the Josh Warrington vs. Carl Frampton card set for Dec. 22 in Manchester, England. Top Rank will stream the card live on ESPN+ as part of their deal with the platform, starting at 3 p.m. ET.

In the main event Warrington (27-0, 6 KOs) will be defending his IBF featherweight title for the first time since beating Lee Selby for the strap back in May, and Warrington expressed his enthusiasm for getting exposure to the American audience.

“I am truly honored that ESPN+ will be showing my fight,” Warrington said. “I announced myself onto the world stage by winning the world title, and now I want to show the American audience who Josh Warrington is by beating Carl Frampton. The long-term aim is to fight in the United States, so this is preparing the audience. The fans are going to witness something special on Dec. 22.”

Meanwhile Frampton (26-1, 15 KOs), will be attempting to win his second major world title at featherweight — the first of which he won against Leo Santa Cruz back in mid-2016.

“It is always a thrill to know that your fights are being showcased to an American audience, and I fully believe they will see something special from me on Dec. 22 when I become a two-time world champion at featherweight,” Frampton said. “Then, I will look to unify against one of the top American world titleholders in 2019.”

Also on the card will be Irish prospect Michael Conlan (9-0, 6 KOs), who will be taking on an opponent to be determined. Tommy Fury, the younger brother of Tyson Fury, will be making his professional debut on the card as well. He too will be in against an opponent to be determined.

the13r
TTR

Warrington 27-0/Frampton 26-1/Heffron 21-0/HW Gorman 14-0 Saturday

Post by the13r »

Saturday 22, December 2018
Manchester Arena (formerly M.E.N Arena), Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom
promoter Queensberry Promotions - Frank Warren
matchmaker Jason McClory

featherweight
Josh Warrington 27 0 0
vs
Carl Frampton 26 1 0
International Boxing Federation World Featherweight Title

middleweight
Mark Heffron 21 0 0
vs
Liam Williams 18 2 1
vacant BBBofC British Middleweight Title

heavyweight
Nathan Gorman 14 0 0
vs
Razvan Cojanu 16 4 0

light heavyweight
Lyndon Arthur 12 0 0
vs
Emmanuel Feuzeu 10 9 2

cruiserweight
Jack Massey 14 0 0
vs
Jiri Svacina 13 32 0

light heavyweight
Tommy Fury debut
vs
Jevgenijs Andrejevs 10 102 3

middleweight
Martin Murray 37 4 1
vs
Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam 36 3 0

featherweight
Michael Conlan 9 0 0
vs
Jason Cunningham 24 5 0

Billy Joe Saunders 26 0 0
vs
Zoltan Sera 32 17 1

flyweight
Paddy Barnes 5 1 0
vs
TBA

super lightweight
Danny Wright 10 0 0
vs
TBA

super lightweight
Sam Maxwell 9 0 0
vs
TBA

the13r
TTR

Re: Warrington 27-0/Frampton 26-1/Heffron 21-0/HW Gorman 14-0 Saturday

Post by the13r »

Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

This is great for British boxing, flooding the American and world market now. Enjoy!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

I hope they show the Gorman fight
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
the13r
TTR

Re: Warrington 27-0/Frampton 26-1/Heffron 21-0/HW Gorman 14-0 •NOW LIVE•

Post by the13r »

light heavyweight
Tommy Fury debut
vs
Jevgenijs Andrejevs 10 102 3

Fury won by Decision
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

heavyweight
Nathan Gorman 14 0 0
vs
Razvan Cojanu 16 4 0

Gorman won by decision
https://uploadir.com/u/h23zg2pg
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Gorman and Dubois both lacked a bit of imagination in their offense when confronted by negative, spoiling opponents. Gorman should work on his jab so he has more than just the hook as a lead hand.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

If you told me Warrington would have Beaten Selby and Frampton this year....id have laughed...never expected him to make it past the domestic UK level....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

The 116-112 cards were about right but it seemed like a more dominant win than those scores because Warrington won his rounds much bigger. He really bullied Frampton and hurt him in close.

Great year for Warrington, I think he has a case for the 2nd best year globally after Usyk.
5_burowz

Re: Warrington 27-0/Frampton 26-1/Heffron 21-0/HW Gorman 14-0

Post by 5_burowz »

I haven't seen the fight. Actually, i don't even recall watching warrington fight before. Huge win for him because I really rate Frampton. Anyone know if they have a rematch clause?
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

middleweight
Mark Heffron 21 0 0
vs
Liam Williams 18 2 1
vacant BBBofC British Middleweight Title

Williams won by TKO
https://uploadir.com/u/uea14f0f
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Martin Murray 37 4 1
vs
Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam 36 3 0
World Boxing Council Silver Middleweight Title

N'Dam won by MD
https://uploadir.com/u/ryatk5k6
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

I'll have to catch this one when I can. I heard Warrington vs Frampton was an excellent contest.
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

Warrington will be hard to beat......he's effective and awkward. Incredibly fit, constantly moving, and when he opens up he opens up with gusto and its hard to stay with that kind of pace. He never looked troubled by Frampton's power and we know that Carl can bang. And Josh clearly hits much harder than his record suggests....as Frampton said afterwards.

I thought Warrington's title winning performance had to come with an asterix given how weight weakened Selby was at the weight, and Selby's 2 weight rise since highlighted that....but the win over Frampton proves that Warrington is a legitimate world class operator. He wants to unify the division and on current form why not.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”