Canelo's Television Future To Be Decided Soon

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
TheSickness316

Re: Canelo's Television Future To Be Decided Soon

Post by TheSickness316 »

gino7799 wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote:
gino7799 wrote:In all fairness Sick, I clarified that statement by pointing out that Canelo is not mainstream here. Maybe In Mexico he is but he is not here. Ask ten average Americans who is Canelo the odds of any of them knowing slim.
What part of his last 3 fights have each done 1million+ PPV buys here in the US? What part of he was just in a national commercial with Tecate that was shown here in this country? You want to say odds are those average 10 Americans don't know Canelo? I can say odds are those people don't watch boxing and have no clue the sport even exists.

You also ignore the fact of the big number he did with Floyd. Over 2 million buys. It was the 2nd biggest fight of all time when it originally happened. This is also in between Floyd vs. Guerrero and Floyd's 2 fights with Maidana all doing undrer 1 million buys.
Non boxing fans recognize Tyson, DLH, Floyd...Canelo sells to his demographic. He is not mainstream where the average joe does not know who he is. He can sell a lot because he comes from a nation that has a large boxing following but few people to root for these days.
Then all of his fights would be in Mexico and not fought in the US. It's why someone like Anthony Joshua (and Lurky should actually like what I'm about to say) fights in the UK. That's where the big money is for him. If you're just going to bring up Mexico then Canelo's fights would be done in Mexico because that's where the money would be then. But 3 straight fights have done over 1 million PPV buys each, he was in the main event for what is now the 5th highest fight in the history of combat sports. Someone who is not mainstream would not have 3 straight fights do 1 million+ PPV buys.

Saying he's not on those 3 guys you named level, fine. But you went to say he's not known in the US. Now you say he's not mainstream, on top of you lying and trying to say you never said he wasn't known in the US. You're just making things up as you go along.
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

Joshua won’t fight in the USA not because he is not popular but because of all the corruption. He does not want to be done over like GGG was. He is smart!
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

gino7799 wrote:Joshua won’t fight in the USA not because he is not popular but because of all the corruption. He does not want to be done over like GGG was. He is smart!
Who in the heavyweight division is there for this corruption that you speak of?
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

I don’t know Sick....Joshua would make more money fighting in Vegas , but he avoids it.
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

gino7799 wrote:I don’t know Sick....Joshua would make more money fighting in Vegas , but he avoids it.
You don't know, yet you're bringing up corruption.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”