IYO WHO WON?? FURY or WILDER

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

WHO WON?

You may select 1 option

View results

the13r
TTR

Re: Wilder vs Tyson Fury Close to being done

Post by the13r »

Based wrote:I’m shocked Fury even considered this fight.

It's a strategical move to then corner AJ if he wins and ask for a huge part of a humongus pie

Otherwise the Fury AJ fight might just not happen
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

gilgamesh wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote: Wlad desperately wanted to win against Fury, he didn't just hand his title over willingly.....but his apparently lack of passion/resolve/etc was because Fury completely shut down and nullified him. Wlad was robotically programmed and became 'effective' with it. He was flawed but he's an intelligent man and with Steward's help he harnessed his attributes to become hard to beat especially against what I consider a poor to mediocre heavyweight crop.

But then Fury comes along, breaks all the rules and his crazy in a nutshell short circuited Wlad's robotic style. It wasnt pretty but that he managed to defeat Wlad in Germany after so long of Klitschko rule, was impressive. As bad as Wlad looked, Fury deserves credit for it. Especially when we consider that Wlad had looked superb not long before when he whacked Pulev and then again Wlad turned in a very creditable performance against Joshua.

Fury might never look impressive, but his results do speak for themselves.
Clearly he didn't "desperately" wanna win. If he had he'd have been throwing some goddamn punches. Looked to me like he handed his belt over willingly without a fight. Fury didn't look spectacular in any way, he was wide the fuck open on several occasions and Wlad just stood there staring at him like an idiot. I don't know what it was all about, but it was more about Wlad's lack of effort than anything Fury did.

A win is a win, and Fury has a claim to the "Lineal" Heavyweight Title, but as far as I'm concerned he's one of the all time Worst Heavyweight Champions, and that fight disgraced the two of them. Nobody looked like a Champion there. They both looked like 2 pathetic cowards who were unwilling to fight. One of them BARELY fought, and BARELY fighting was enough to beat a guy that simply DIDN'T fight at all.

It was pathetic.

If you deem it impressive, and want to pretend like Fury really did something there go for it.

From what I saw absolutely anybody could've beaten Wlad that night because he simply put forth NO EFFORT whatsoever.
I understand the disappointment in Wlad's apparent lack of passion that night, but it had nothing to do with him lacking desire and everything to do with him just being completely stunted by the puzzle in front of him.

A look through Wlad's career shows that Wlad doesn't throw punches unless he's sure they're going to land....To be fair there were some similarities in his fight against Haye where he wasn't very busy because he was faced with an evasive target, but his size enabled him to stay a nip and tuck ahead of his opponent. Then look at his fight against Chambers another elusive defensive heavyweight who had good movement. We saw Manny literally going crazy at Wlad for not throwing punches, until eventually Wlad landed a KO bomb with the fight all but over. The finish was impressive but what went before not so much.

Then onto Fury where we saw him employ a defensive style, lots of movement and fluidity, but crucially Fury has the size that Haye and Chambers lacked. Remember also that Eddie Chambers was actually a gym mate of Tyson Fury for a long time after Eddie fought Klitschko, so no doubt notes would have been exchanged on the way to dismantle Wlad's very rigid and robotic, but effective style.

Truth is Fury just bamboozled him and left him frozen. Wlad simply didn't know how to deal with Fury's unorthadox approach coupled with the size.
And the facts are Fury did something no body else had done in a long time, and that in itself is impressive.

I get that you don't like Fury, his style doesn't appeal and probably his character rubs you up the wrong way. But he's far more formidable than you're giving him credit for. His style and size would pose immense problems for many heavyweight champions past and present, even if you don't find his style pleasing on the eye.

Look some fighters like Gatti, Corrales etc appeal to everybody, they bring attributes that are easy to appreciate. Others like Fury can be maddening to watch, but there is still skill in what he does and his results and resume speak for itself. He's undefeated, has several big wins and is the lineal Champion after beating a guy who will be going to the HOF.....maybe when he whups Wilder's arse you'll give him a bit of credit :wink:
lurkyshaka

Re: It's a shame they can't make WILDER-FURY happen in 2018.

Post by lurkyshaka »

straycat wrote:First AJ now Fury. All the hype and ya left with residual chicken feathers again.
:?
Wilder is the common denominator. Bear that mind if these negotiations do stall.
Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

For whatever it's worth, Wilder's manager Shelly Finkel said that he doesn't know where the rumour of Fury getting cold feet came from, but that it isn't true and that the date and venue will be announced in the next few days.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

lurkyshaka wrote:
straycat wrote:First AJ now Fury. All the hype and ya left with residual chicken feathers again.
Wilder is the common denominator. Bear that mind if these negotiations do stall.
Having ya azz knocked into next week can be quite a sobering dilemma
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

straycat wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:
Having ya azz knocked into next week can be quite a sobering dilemma
You're talking about world class fighters. If you think any fear Wilder you've lost the plot. An old man suffering with high blood pressure nearly took him out ffs....lol
straycat

Post by straycat »

This aint horse shoes pal, wlady almost had AJ.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Based

Post by Based »

the13r wrote:

It's a strategical move to then corner AJ if he wins and ask for a huge part of a humongus pie

That's one way to get AJ but AJ would eventually fight Fury in a year or two. There's a lot of money in AJ vs Fury in the UK. Fury fighting Wilder, speeds up the process, but he would still get that fight anyways.

IMO Wilder destroys everyone in the division. As good as AJ is, he still gets smoked ands whole team knows it. Fury is not on that same level AJ, Wilder and even Luis Ortiz is on. Either way, if these guys do duck Wilder, I want to see Wilder vs Whyte at the end of the year. That's a good fight.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Fury to commence training for the Wilder fight next week. Fatter is wrong again.
https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury- ... ht--131252
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Based wrote:
the13r wrote:

That's one way to get AJ but AJ would eventually fight Fury in a year or two. There's a lot of money in AJ vs Fury in the UK. Fury fighting Wilder, speeds up the process, but he would still get that fight anyways.

IMO Wilder destroys everyone in the division. As good as AJ is, he still gets smoked ands whole team knows it. Fury is not on that same level AJ, Wilder and even Luis Ortiz is on. Either way, if these guys do duck Wilder, I want to see Wilder vs Whyte at the end of the year. That's a good fight.
Whyte would get bombed outta there. I still think Wilder v AJ is a toss up and needs to hurry up and happen already
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

We are being robbed if one of these fights does not happen in before the end of the year. No excuse for this. Anyone that the three fight other than each other, is just a joke.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Plenty of guys go rounds and have some moments against Wilder, Whyte would get stopped eventually but it could be fun and he's still one of the best opponents Wilder could face if it's not Fury or AJ. He's on one of the best runs in the division and I'd rate him as Wilder's #2 opponent....
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Tocsin wrote:I'd rate him as Wilder's #2 opponent....
not a hard Spot to occupy
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

dwightmac83 wrote:Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:01 PM)

I think you have to make Wilder the favorite but can Fury win? Sure. But the latest from Fury's team is that he is now apparently balking at the fight. I was told that yesterday by a member of his management team.
Poor wilder... nobody wants to fight this guy... it’s getting ridiculous...
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

straycat wrote:This aint horse shoes pal, wlady almost had AJ.

I don't know Tim. No more than Ortiz had WILDer in the 7th round. Wilder was out on his feet.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

i thought it was already done for 2018? what changed?
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Peat56

FURY-WILDER... happening or NOT happening?

Post by Peat56 »

Are these guys next for each other? Or will they drag things out with 2-3 more fights happen before we get to see this in 2020?

This article talks of the fight being "cancelled". Heck, there has not yet been a date or location set.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/ ... lian-Whyte
lurkyshaka

Re: FURY-WILDER... happening or NOT happening?

Post by lurkyshaka »

That's just an opinion of another fighter. The fight is still on according to both parties. It'll be in Vegas in either Nov or Dec, most probably Nov.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Wouldn't be a good look for Fury to back out given he is doing it to save face for UK boxing after AJ ho'd up.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

Hope we have some clarity in the next few weeks
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Considering it's a guy that went into hiding, and dove into a pile of Cheeseburgers and Cocaine for years rather than rematch a guy he already had a win over, and a guy that went 6 Title defenses before fighting somebody in the Top 10. I wouldn't hold my breath.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Fury and Warren saw the money offer to Joshua and they want it... so imo it happens
straycat

Post by straycat »

the13r wrote:Fury and Warren saw the money offer to Joshua and they want it... so imo it happens
If only Joshua wanted it :?
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

He wants it Stray...saying otherwise would be biased. Joshua can't be scared of anyone right now... he is the best looking name at HW right now
straycat

Post by straycat »

the13r wrote:He wants it Stray...saying otherwise would be biased. Joshua can't be scared of anyone right now... he is the best looking name at HW right now
Its a tough look saying you want the money verbally but when it comes time to ink the thing you pass on it.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”