Eddie Alvarez Says He Received Guaranteed 8-Figure Deal

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Eddie Alvarez Says He Received Guaranteed 8-Figure Deal

Post by Primetyme199 »

One Championship made Eddie Alvarez an offer he couldn’t refuse.

According to the former UFC and Bellator champion, his contract with the Singapore-based promotion exceeded all other possibilities presented to him.

“It was through the roof. Crushed everything, everybody. There wasn’t anything within…they lapped everyone,” Alvarez said on "Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show” Monday.

“Without getting into detail, the package in general is going to be an eight-figure deal. A guaranteed eight-figure fight deal,” he added.

Alvarez wouldn’t give the exact length of the contract, but he did hint that it wasn’t excessive.

“Not as many [years] as you think,” Alvarez said.

Alvarez completed an eight-fight stint with the UFC on July 28, when he suffered a second-round TKO loss to Dustin Poirier in a thrilling rematch at UFC on Fox 28. During that time “The Underground King” bested the likes of Justin Gaethje, Rafael dos Anjos, Anthony Pettis and Gilbert Melendez.

Alvarez says the UFC offered a substantial deal, but One presented more than just financial security.

"When I left the table at the UFC and said I wanted to go and explore, this is the deal I had in my mind," Alvarez said. "One made me a partner in their promotion. It was more of a partnership than, 'Hey, come on as a fighter. Here's your money to fight,' and that's it. They made me a true partner. It's a package deal. It's nothing like a normal MMA contract. They fully committed to me, and we are full committing back.”

Alvarez doesn’t currently have a date set for his One Championship debut, but he said he is targeting early 2019. He also hinted that another big name could be joining the promotion’s roster soon.

"I'm not the last large signing in the next month or so," he said. "There will be a shift, a massive shift, in power towards One Championship.”

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Eddie- ... EgwkIAq.99
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
TheSickness316

Re: Eddie Alvarez Says He Received Guaranteed 8-Figure Deal

Post by TheSickness316 »

Good for Alvarez

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”