7/21- For the right to fight Golovkin:

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

7/21- For the right to fight Golovkin:

Post by KSTAT124 »

gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Re: 7/21- For the right to fight Golovkin:

Post by gilgamesh »

Neither of them make a good opponent for Golovkin. Derevyanchenko is too inexperienced, and Sam Soliman is past it. He was never all that great in the first place for that matter.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

gilgamesh wrote:Neither of them make a good opponent for Golovkin. Derevyanchenko is too inexperienced, and Sam Soliman is past it. He was never all that great in the first place for that matter.
Soliman was never great but he was an amazing overachiever, a perennial contender who finally won a major organizational world title. Unfortunately, he's now 42 years old and he's lost his last two bouts.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

KSTAT124 wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:Neither of them make a good opponent for Golovkin. Derevyanchenko is too inexperienced, and Sam Soliman is past it. He was never all that great in the first place for that matter.
Soliman was never great but he was an amazing overachiever, a perennial contender who finally won a major organizational world title. Unfortunately, he's now 42 years old and he's lost his last two bouts.
Definitely. I like Sam Soliman, and he was definitely an overachiever. I don't want to see him fight Golovkin though.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

gilgamesh wrote:
KSTAT124 wrote:
Definitely. I like Sam Soliman, and he was definitely an overachiever. I don't want to see him fight Golovkin though.
Neither do I. He's had his share of punishment over the years. He doesn't need what Golovkin would do to him.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”