O.T. Boysenberry Chipotle Chicken Wings

Food & beverages Discussions
chef97

O.T. Boysenberry Chipotle Chicken Wings

Post by chef97 »

Ingredients
oil for deep frying
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup Boysenberry syrup (the kind you use for pancakes)
1/4 cup minced Chipotle chile pepper (you can buy in local grocer in can w/ adobo sauce is best or plain chipotle pepper will do)
1 dash ground black pepper
1 dash garlic powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vinegar
10 chicken wings
Directions
1.Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep. Combine the butter, syrup, chile pepper and vinegar and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and reserve for serving.
2.In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place chicken wings in a large nonporous glass dish or bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
3.Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown. Remove from heat, place wings in serving bowl, add hot sauce mixture and stir together. Serve immediately....

And as always happy cooking!
Chef
PaulieJ'z

Re: O.T. Boysenberry Chipotle Chicken Wings

Post by PaulieJ'z »

chef97 wrote:Ingredients
oil for deep frying
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup Boysenberry syrup (the kind you use for pancakes)
1/4 cup minced Chipotle chile pepper (you can buy in local grocer in can w/ adobo sauce is best or plain chipotle pepper will do)
1 dash ground black pepper
1 dash garlic powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vinegar
10 chicken wings
Directions
1.Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep. Combine the butter, syrup, chile pepper and vinegar and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and reserve for serving.
2.In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place chicken wings in a large nonporous glass dish or bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
3.Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown. Remove from heat, place wings in serving bowl, add hot sauce mixture and stir together. Serve immediately....

And as always happy cooking!
Ahhhhh.....chicken wings. Just got back from wing night and threw down 40 hot wings.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

You need a Chef sticky. I dont eat chicken and my mouth is watering lol
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
chef97

Post by chef97 »

RASTA666 wrote:You need a Chef sticky. I dont eat chicken and my mouth is watering lol
Rasta , you can cut (nugget size) then dip your fresh catch of the day in regular beer batter or Tempura and fry the fish filets according to recipe.... Then make the sauce and put fried fish nuggets in a bowl and coat with that killer sauce.... It's all good bro.... I have some vegetarian recipes too I'll share if Astor sets up that separate forum....
Chef
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

chef97 wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:You need a Chef sticky. I dont eat chicken and my mouth is watering lol
Rasta , you can cut (nugget size) then dip your fresh catch of the day in regular beer batter or Tempura and fry the fish filets according to recipe.... Then make the sauce and put fried fish nuggets in a bowl and coat with that killer sauce.... It's all good bro.... I have some vegetarian recipes too I'll share if Astor sets up that separate forum....
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Bump for the guys that missed this recipe yesterday!
Chef
chef97

Post by chef97 »

regulardude wrote:So if I don't have a deep fryer, I'm assed out?

Sounds tasty.
You would need at least a 2 quart heavy bottom pot... Kinda like a pot you would use to cook spaghetti sauce, beef stew or a pot of chili in... That would suit your needs just fine duder... Fill with oil about 5 inches deep and heat to medium high heat and your good to go bro!
Chef
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

I might make this with catfish nuggets like Chef said
Erison

Post by Erison »

Yeah, is there any way these could be sticky'd together? When I actually have a kitchen I'd love to work my way through the Chef Cookbook.
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

Erison wrote:Yeah, is there any way these could be sticky'd together? When I actually have a kitchen I'd love to work my way through the Chef Cookbook.
I think Astor,is gona make a sub forum.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Bump to transfer in the FOOD and BEVERAGE forum

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”